TTC after 35
Options

tomorrow will be 8 dpiui - psychosis is already here

urgh.  I was psyched at how much easier the 2nd tww had been so far.  But that calm is over.  I am driving myself insane counting and recounting days to see when it makes sense to test.

I will make soup and then try to do some work this evening.  Tomorrow I am glad to have two cases on in court to keep my mind busy.  But from Friday through Monday I haven't got much, and my wife will be working 12 hour shifts.  I keep trying to be thankful that I am at least in a position to have hope, since I waited so long to ttc, but this is not fun.

Re: tomorrow will be 8 dpiui - psychosis is already here

• Options

Hello!  I've been wondering how you are doing.  I hope the rest of the days fly by and you get your BFP soon. Not sure if you're a Sox fan, but the Sox Yankees series should be fun to watch this weekend - that could keep your mind off of it a bit. . .

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I recommend shopping - or some other equally mindless activity - to keep you distracted while DW is at work. That and finding some way to reward yourself every morning that you don't test.

When are you planning to test, anyway?

And good luck when you do!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OH BGG! I can't believe you are in this far. I am so hopeful for you! Hang in there. Go do something nice for yourself. The time will fly..only a few more days Sweetie!
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    Ask your DW to hid the HPTs from you! tee hee. Worked for me! Hang in there! :)

• Options

imagelucyspeople:
    Ask your DW to hid the HPTs from you! tee hee. Worked for me! Hang in there! :)

I know my approach is unpopular, and I support each person doing what feels right to them, but I bought 20 pregnancy strips and 10 midstream tests online, and 2 digitals.  Everything was cheap, so I don't mind if I blow through a test a day at this point.  If I get anything like a second line on a strip test at some point, I will confirm it.  Each month I get inseminated it costs 1-2K, so 3-4 bucks a month for tests is well worth my sanity.

I tested this morning and got a negative, but it doesn't upset me because I know it would be very unlikely to get a positive at this point.  Between having bought them in bulk and the coupon I had, it cost me about $.50 and hopefully that will keep me a bit calmer.  As I continue to take one each day, I keep lowering my expectation bit by little bit to avoid the big crash when AF might arrive.  We shall see whether it works again or whether I am committed to a facility against my will by Wednesday. 

Thanks for being so supportive; I really appreciate it. 

• Options

I'm all for whatever works for you - so I say test away, it sounds like you have a really good attitude about it.  Hope that BFN turns into a BFP in the next couple of days.

• Options

Well, if you're all stocked up, then why NOT test everyday! ;-)  If I had that much on-hand, I probably would.  Only with FMU though... I do have enough restraint to think the results wouldn't change in just a few hours.  At least, I *think* I'd have the restraint.LOL!  If not, then I'd go organize my closet or some other time-consuming house task like that.

Fingers crossed for you that one of those tests turns BFP--and sooner than later!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBostonGayGal:
    As I continue to take one each day, I keep lowering my expectation bit by little bit to avoid the big crash when AF might arrive. 

This was the plan I went with last time I was TTC. I much prefer the slow decline of hope. 

But hopefully you'll get a BFP! Good Luck!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"