June 2011 Moms
Options

Exercise Check-in (?)

So, I know no one's going to be running marathons or anything but it's still good to get in a little activity once in a while. How does everyone feel about a regular exercise check in? I probably won't be able to do a post every night but someone else would be welcome to do one.

I just finished mowing our (tiny) front lawn and felt good to not just come home and plop on the couch. And when I say tiny, I mean tiny. It took all of 14 minutes at a slooowww pace to do the whole thing, lol. Last night I did little things like push ups on our mantle and leg kicks and squats (got inspired during Biggest Loser). I'm too afraid to keep up with my pre-BFP level of intensity but getting even just a little bit in is important to me.

What have you done to keep even a little bit active since your BFP?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
DD born 5/15/11
DS born 11/12/12

Re: Exercise Check-in (?)

• Options
    Major props to you for push ups and squats!!  I usally walk on my treadmill at a 4, I have been doing a 3(i worry a 4 is too fast, ha ha) for the same distance, 2 miles.  I want to try to keep that going a few days a week.  That and nightly dog walks, though it has been crazy hot by me, too hot even for a walk at night!  I am up for a Excersie Check In, it can help to keep us motivated!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You know, if I EVER did any physical activity, I would love to have a check-in.  But my check-ins would all be "yep, didn't do anything again today" :)

I used to be such a gym rat.  Now I can't motivate myself at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh my, I have been soo bad at being active lately these past few months. I need to get on it. DH and I have a plan. lol

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:

You know, if I EVER did any physical activity, I would love to have a check-in.  But my check-ins would all be "yep, didn't do anything again today" :)

I used to be such a gym rat.  Now I can't motivate myself at all.

This was going to be word for word what I was going to type.  

• Options
    I love the idea of a check in.  I've mostly just been walking.  (I did a 8 mile hike the day before my BFP, but much shorter distances since then!)  I'd like to get a pregnancy yoga DVD too.
  • Options
    I have been taking it pretty easy, just a lot of walking.
  • Options
    I'm doing the same things I was doing before I found out. I do CrossFit 2-3x/week, pilates 2-3x/week and run or do other cardio 2-3x/week. I'm going to keep it up until I can't anymore. I do ok during the workouts, but I fall asleep hard about an hour and a half earlier than I used to.
  • Options
    I'm working on keeping up my running for 30-45 minutes atleast 3  times a week and then some walking days added in. I might get a prenatal yoga dvd. My job is super stressful so I could definitely use something calming
    ~ Life is good - count your blessings! ~
  • Options
    I do 25-30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week right now. I am still feeling good but I know I have about a week until that changes.
    pregnancy due date BFP : May 18, 2011 EDD : January 26, 2012 First Prenatal U/S : June 8, 2011
  • Options
    I have been keeping up a very modified version of my gym routine. But, I still have been the past 2 days.
  • Options
    imagegymnst1013:

Glad I'm not the only one!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

Good job everyone, even the ones just making plans for now Wink I'm really hoping it's possible for me to be in better shape come labor and delivery than I am in right now. I know it'll make things easier and my OB/GYN even said some people think exercise helps make baby smarter...

DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    imageLollyBug18:

So, I know no one's going to be running marathons or anything 

I wouldn't say "no one"...I am.  2 halfs and a full in the next 15 weeks provided I don't develop any complications.  

I'd love to participate in an exercise check-in.  If I remember, I can help start it also.

Since my BFP, I've continued running, lifted once, and DH and I go for walks most nights.  I'm finding that my pace has slowed a little because I find myself getting out of breath a little faster than before.  I'm also hesitant to progress with the weights--I've kept the same weights this week as I used last week, just to make sure I don't overdo things.  Our walks are my favorite part of the day--we took them every now and then before BFP, but we're using them now to talk about pregnancy things that we might not otherwise think to share with each other.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • Options

I'm in awe of your marathon skills. Big Smile

Before pregnancy, I was jogging a few miles a couple times a week. I wasn't good at it, just did it. I've been missing it in the last week since we found out... I guess I've been a little worried about it. 

I wasn't great at it, but I was getting better... and I would also do workouts throughout the week (some p90x, some Jillian). I think I've decided that I need to get back into it, despite being tired or busy. The goal is to be healthy, and I've read that exercise is crucial. So tonight, MH and I are going jogging/walking for a few miles. 

• Options
    imagemarriedtoeric:
    imageLollyBug18:

I wouldn't say "no one"...I am.  2 halfs and a full in the next 15 weeks provided I don't develop any complications.  

I'd love to participate in an exercise check-in.  If I remember, I can help start it also.

Since my BFP, I've continued running, lifted once, and DH and I go for walks most nights.  I'm finding that my pace has slowed a little because I find myself getting out of breath a little faster than before.  I'm also hesitant to progress with the weights--I've kept the same weights this week as I used last week, just to make sure I don't overdo things.  Our walks are my favorite part of the day--we took them every now and then before BFP, but we're using them now to talk about pregnancy things that we might not otherwise think to share with each other.

So glad to see another marathoner on here!!!  I'm not planning to run one this fall but that was always the plan even before my BFP (I just moved and I knew training would be tough starting a new life and new job).  I know I'm going to feel sad when Boston rolls around in April because I love that race but I'll be way too PG to run it then!!

As for exercise now, I am still runnning, hiking, and doing yoga and pilates...just at a lower intensity than I'm used to.  I didn't sleep well last night so I might skip my run tonight but I'll see how I feel when I get home. 

• Options
    Well this week I have done more than usual, and completely by accident. I went for a 5 k walk/hike with my mom, little brothers, and one dog. Then last night I worked a horse for an hour followed by an hour at dog agility with Lily running courses. Then today I worked one of my other dogs, Halle, in personal protection work for an hour and that means trying to hold back a 65 pound freight train from the tug toy, and being on the other end, trying to shake off a 65 pound freight train from the tug toy. I got more of a work out from that than all the other stuff put together. ha! Oh and now I'm on my way to go ride 2 horses and do chores for a friends boarding facility of 16 horses. I will be tiiiiiiiired tonight!
  • Options

Wow ladies, I am impressed! Some of you are so great at staying motivated and working hard. Marathons, 5Ks, hiking..

I am super lazy, but I really want to be in shape for this pregnancy. For the past 2 mornings, I have gone to the gym with DH. He goes before work, so now I wake up with him and force myself to go. Today, I did 20 min on the elliptical, and I did some weights too.

Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Before my BFP, I was at the gym daily, but I just did some fast walking with some sprints in between on Monday and started spotting the next morning. The rational side of me says it wasn't related, but I've had my feet up since then! I also did Ashtanga yoga 2-3 times per week but I've read it's not safe in the first trimester due to it overheating the body. I'm so bummed about that! Y'all have inspired me though to go back to the gym tomorrow and get on the treadmill. Today I did walk around Target for a long time and came home exhausted. That counts, right? ;)

• Options

I like the idea of a check-in!

I was a half-assed runner before my BFP (a few miles once or twice a week throughout the summer--I hate running in humidity!). I was hoping to push myself to increase my mileage as the weather got cooler, but I don't think that is such a smart idea now. I think I'm going to stick to walking, either with my dogs after work or during my lunch break or a mix of the two. I had big plans to walk this afternoon, but I was so exhausted that I came home from work and napped until almost 8pm :(

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All I'm doing right now is walking 2-3 miles every evening.  I jogged a little before BFP, but not regularly since before May, so I'm not going to start now.  I want to add in some light arm weights and yoga (used to love yoga, but somehow fell away from it).   

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

A check-in would be great - I need some motivation!

• Options
    imagePretzel80:
    imagemarriedtoeric:
    imageLollyBug18:

So glad to see another marathoner on here!!!  I'm not planning to run one this fall but that was always the plan even before my BFP (I just moved and I knew training would be tough starting a new life and new job).  I know I'm going to feel sad when Boston rolls around in April because I love that race but I'll be way too PG to run it then!!

As for exercise now, I am still runnning, hiking, and doing yoga and pilates...just at a lower intensity than I'm used to.  I didn't sleep well last night so I might skip my run tonight but I'll see how I feel when I get home. 

DH does marathons and his big goal (suprise, surprise) is to make it to the Boston. When I watch, I like to run from point to point and catch him and cheer him on so I might be "running" the Boston come April, lol. I've seen baby bumps running in some of the marathons (or halfs) and always been a tad jealous that they could be in that good of shape. I've always hid behind the excuse that I wasn't cut out to be a runner...So, my apologies for saying "no one" and good luck to those who will be running!!!

And as for everyone, great job! I look forward to hearing what you accomplish today!

DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options

I want to start doing my 3.6 mile walk again when it decides to stop raining..

However I am so paranoid..long story

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've been running a few times a week.  At 4DPO I ran a great 10k, but now I'm a little scared about any fast running--it's so hard for me to know what is "too fast" for pregnancy.  I honestly think I would feel great running my regular 8.5 minute miles, but I'm paranoid that it's just too much, so I've forced myself to slow down to 10.5 minute miles.  However, it feels uncomfortable for me to run that slow, so I'm having a tough time figuring out what's best.  They say you need to be able to hold a conversation while running, which is easy for me to do at a 10.5 min pace, but I get pretty breathy at 8.5. 

Also, last night I planned to do 3 - 4 miles and had to stop after 2 because of a shooting pain around my right ovary.  I don't think it was baby related, as I'm pretty sure it has to do with the corpus luteum cyst I have there, but it scared me enough to stop running at the time.  I'll give it another shot tomorrow night and see how I feel.

• Options
    imagePretzel80:
    imagemarriedtoeric:
    imageLollyBug18:

I'm actually going to be in Boston the weekend of the marathon (obv. also too pg to run!) but I'm going for a work trip, and I think I'm going to stay until Monday night so I can see the race.  Can't wait! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"