Northern California Babies
Options

Toddler nap routine In "big bed"

I'm curious what your routine is. Our nap routine for the toddler bed is not really working so well. I'm about to loose it, throw a newborn into the mix and crap I just might.

Re: Toddler nap routine In "big bed"

• Options
    the first few days were rough because he would just get out every few minutes and it drove me nuts. now we just put on his jammies (he loves to wear them for nap time) read a few books and thats about it. we do have to bribe him sometimes (if you take a good nap you can go swimming after!) because he is getting to the age where i think he is about to start dropping nap time. good luck!!
  • Options

I put her to nap only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and we do a big physical activity (park, soccer, whatever...) right before so she's tired.  We then have lunch and by that time she's wiped out.  I change her diaper/let her pee on the potty, give her a kiss and throw her in bed.  I found if I made a big deal about the 'routine' with songs, books, etc that she would just find a way to delay.  Thankfully, she doesn't get out of her bed for any reason, so I am not sure what I would do if we had to deal with that.

Monday through Thursday the babysitter puts her to nap (is that even a real phrase?-ha) and she sleeps in a pack n play.  Same idea-get her as tired as possible and then keep the routine super short and sweet. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our strategy is similar to J's -- get him tired and make sure he has a clean diaper and then give him his milks.  It usually works quickly. Sometimes he even says he's tired and wants to go to sleep instead of have lunch.

Also, DS doesn't get out of bed once he's in it and laying down unless we are there.  If he's awake, he'll call for me but won't get up. 

• Options
    How come my kid gets out of bed? What secret words are you using to keep toddler in bed? He's very tired btw, I make it my mission to tire him out before the nap.
  • Options

I have no idea why she doesn't get out (knocking on every single piece of wood I find).  We didn't do anything to prevent it. She insists on climbing in, but will call us to get her out.  One thing I think it might be is that there is a bedrail because she rolled out the first night.  So maybe she feels more constrained?  I have no idea, but I feel that it is my reward for her not STTN until 18 months old.  Ha.

Good luck-I know how frustrating sleep woes are.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad N is finally sleeping!!! It's just a phase I'm sure we will find our way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"