Northern California Babies

POLL: Let's hear what's new!!

How's it goin' ladies?  What's happen?  What's new?  How's your pregnancy?  How's your baby?  How's TTC? 

SPILL IT!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: POLL: Let's hear what's new!!

• Nothing new here.  I have a race with some fellow nestie mom's this weekend.  We've been training super hard for it.  I'm really excited for it.

I'm enjoying this month being at home on weekends, August we were out of town 3 out of the 4 weekends which was tiring.   

• What's new... my child thinks he can actually talk to me and is trying deseperately to tell me full sentenses (which, of course, I can't understand!).  Damn cutest thing ever though!  Love it!  New with me... I'm trying desperately to calm my life down... stop over committing... and just... enjoy!!  (Wish me luck!).
  • Loading the player...
  • We had lots change in the last few months.  I've gone back to school, DH is now gainfully employed after a long struggle to find a job.  TTC is not so great, I am very tired of it and it doesn't help that in 2 days it will have been one year since the m/c.  And I honestly thought we'd at least be pregnant again by now.  But apparently that isn't our luck.

I am going to Reno this weekend with my dad, and then at the end of October I get to see Vince Gill with MIL.  So I do have lots of fun little things going on.  And I can't wait for Halloween and the holidays. 

• Things are going well here. G will be three months old next week! I can't believe it's been that long all ready. Other than the sleep issues I was posting about yesterday he's doing really well. He's smiling all the time and working on laughing. He's holding his head up during tummy time pretty nicely too. It's really amazing being a mom, I'm completely in love.

As for me, I'm exhausted, but happy. I'm a little diasappointed in the 8-10lbs that don't seem to be going anywhere, but try not to dwell on it. Oh and today, after 5 years, I finally went to my first GTG at the aquarium. It made me wish I was closer to more of the GTGs. :)

• I'm hanging in there. We are so close to being done with all the stuff we're doing to the house (new windows, some flooring, painting, etc.). I can't wait until there are no workmen in my house to supervise!

DS is just a little over a week away from turning ONE. Boggles my mind! I have to research and test out some non-dairy frostings this weekend. If anyone has a rec, I'm all ears!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dd's mastered the art of climbing onto the couch ! she's gone from barely able to walk by herself to hopping on the couch w/ the greatest of ease in TWO short months !!
    Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I **think**, I really, really think, that we will be LIVE on Friday with our adoption agency! I'm waiting for UPS to deliver our printed letters tonight, then we have to sign 100 of them, and then on Friday morning I'm dropping them off by hand - and that should be it! After a full year of waiting to just get to this point with our agency, and of course trying to TTC since Feb 06, our waiting now truly begins!
  • Angelina started gymnastics this month and I joined Weight Watchers (and lost 3.8lbs this past week!)    That's about it.
  • DS has really been grabbing at things a lot lately. I mean, he's been grabbing for awhile now, but now he's REALLY going for them! I really see him growing up. He's also been throwing in a few long stretches of sleep here and there, which is nice. Can't wait for that to be consistent!
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nothing new here. Just working. DH and I celebrated our 2 yr anniversary 2 weeks ago.

I will be seeing my niece in a couple of weeks to give my sister a much needed break!

T-TTC is still a struggle and we plan on taking a break during the holidays.

• We have a ton of yard work to do. We are working on being self sufficient in the veggie department next summer, and partially self sufficient with fruits in  2 years. Now if only we had a cow and chicken.... (and the proper space for them.) 

Z is my hard worker & helper.

G is my cute entertainer.

M is my little smile-r ( a lot more than the other two ever were)

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Moved into our new house last weekend and we're loving it so far!  Lots of work going on today to get stuff finished up... DS said there were "Two Bobs" (Bob the Builders) working on the house today, then when more showed up, "Six Bobs" because he heard me say there were six guys now.  Oh, and he now wears a red fireman hat from the moment he wakes up till he goes to sleep.  A big hot plastic one, so his curls get all humid and corkscrew like underneath in this weather.  Way too much cuteness around here.
  • DD's vocabulary has exploded and I love it so much.  Yesterday she told me "I have a little heat rash so let's put on some aquaphor, okay?"

Clearly, she's a good listener! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I failed my 1-hour glucose test. :(  Taking the 3-hour tomorrow...

Otherwise, things are good! 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Things are going well and the queasiness is not horrendous. Certain smells, mostly those that are not pleasant, have really been prominent lately, such as urine on the sidewalks of SF and perfume ads in magazines. On the other hand, certain foods taste better than ever. Brushing my teeth has been causing me to gag as well as a few episodes of Hoarders. I already jumped up a bra size, which DH loves, but me, not so much. Most of my family knows and we will be announcing our news to DH's family this weekend at a family get together. We are hoping to hear the heartbeat at my appointment next month and have the NT scan set for the end of October.

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• We are hanging. I am counting down weeks just hoping my body let's me cook these babies till the end this time. Darrian is a doll, talks SOOOO much. Sometimes a bit too much, lol. He knows all his shapes, and is really into trying to write at the moment and spell. He said his tummy hurt the other night and I asked him what was wrong and he said it was his brother's LOL. funny kid.
  • imagelunabeam:

I'm hanging in there. We are so close to being done with all the stuff we're doing to the house (new windows, some flooring, painting, etc.). I can't wait until there are no workmen in my house to supervise!

DS is just a little over a week away from turning ONE. Boggles my mind! I have to research and test out some non-dairy frostings this weekend. If anyone has a rec, I'm all ears!

the cherrybrook kitchen one isn't bad at all... it's hard to spread but pretty good as of taste. 

• nothing too new.  i am finishing up my recovery this week, and i finally get to go back to work on monday.  baby kiwi is doing great, had an appointment today.  set up our anatomy scan for october 13th, then fly back to the bay on the 16th.  can't wait for our family and friends to finally know our big secret!
  • O started laughing this week.  He has a really adorable "haw haw haw" kind of laugh. I love it. And apparently he's ticklish under his chin. He laughs every time I clean his neck.
  • DH and I are working on something super exciting, and it's kind of all consuming and thrilling and terrifying! I can't wait to (hopefully!) share!

We had a great time at the Aquarium today, and I got to meet TWO new Bumpies and babies!

Max sang the alphabet song his best version ever, without missing a letter, and it's very cute! And last night, to add to his repitoire, we taught him what to say if you ask him what zombies say, he says "Braaaaaains)

• *waves*

Life is INSANE. DH started a new school program. While working full time. He's in school 2 nights a week and all day Saturdays. The off nights are filled with homework, packing lunches/dinners, etc. I'm a whirlwind and barely keeping my head above water.

Sis is PG. So, I'm thinking about the baby shower... Got some ideas up my sleeves.

Doggie is good. A bit spoiled and being a brat due to our new routine w/ DH's school schedule (she doesn't like being out of routine) but all in all... Good. 

That's about it. :D

Thanks for askin'....

• I just finished a 3 day work conference that kicked my butt. Mostly b/c I had been working leading up to it non-stop. But I presented twice in 2 sessions and really feel like I'm starting to make a name for myself in my field, which is super exciting. Its cool to be recognized. Also crazy that I realized there is really only one other woman who does the type of work I do.

Besides that, we're busy getting ready for baby. Started our Bradley Method classes and working on the nursery. 

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Hello! I'm super super busy. Life just seems to keep on going..way too quickly.

I'm really busy at work. I'm supervising a jesuit volunteer (a spinoff of Americorp) and it is a lot of work, but such a great experience. She's young (21) and comes from a very wealthy family and hasn't had much exposure to the mental health population, homeless population, etc., but she is embracing it so well and I'm already so proud of her and she's a great help (i definitely got the best of the 3 we have!). I'm also super busy with a bunch of different cases at work, preparing for a hearing next week, and even dabbling into some tax work. I was also appointment to chair a local bar association committee. Means more work, but it is great exposure and good for my professional development. 

I started my second medicated cycle on Monday with injectable medications. I'm doing really well giving myself injections and I'm on a super low dose in hopes of not over responding and having to cancel. I have my first follie check on Saturday to see how they're doing. I'm hoping that maybe we'll do an IUI next week. I'm excited and scared that if it works we'll have multiples - DH is thrilled about this, and sometimes I am to. 

DH applied for a new job at a "fruity" company that keeps the doctor away, nearby, he's super excited. Had his first phone interview on Monday and got called today to schedule a 3+ hour interview next week with most of the legal department. DH calls it his dream job. His commute would be 6 miles instead of 36! The attorney he interviewed with on the phone said his resume was "spot on". I'm so so happy for him, but also a little worried about losing our awesome IF benefits we have with his current company, though I think this company has some IF coverage and if he got a raise, I think we'd be okay if we have to move to IVF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think life is kicking my a$$ today.  

I am constantly struggling with the fact that I am thrilled to be in school and really enjoying having something that is for me...but I miss being home with EJ and I miss spending all 3 of DH's days off with my family.  I don't even get one full day a week just us 3 anymore. It is really rough on me.  

Also, the amount of homework and studying I am doing is taking its toll on the amount of time I get to spend with my huz.  I can't really get any of it done when EJ naps since I have other things that need to get done and I rather not get interrupted mid-work to shift gear and now play with EJ.  I want to be fully present for him. So then I have to wait til DH is home and can watch EJ or wait til he is asleep and then I miss out on time with my husband.  

The beans (EJ, I call him beans) has been teething or something and last night ended up co-sleeping with us, which is fine, I really don't mind it is kind of nice but at the same time allows me to at least get SOME sleep. He didn't go down easy for his nap this morning either...it ended with both of us in tears.

I feel like I am just beating my friggin head against the wall right now because when you add physical therapy into the mix and I come home feeling like someone slammed a sledge hammer into my hip and I am exhausted....I am no fun.

I miss my kid, I miss my husband, I miss having it "easy"...but I love school and I love having something only about me.  I just struggle with this everyday. 

Ok...that sounded more like a vent than as "update on me" sorry =( 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Fun post A!

Not too much exciting going on in our household.

Addi is sleeping in her crib in her own room now, in a few weeks we'll probably move her into Natalie's room so they can share a room.  She is a champ sleeping through the night for the most part with just a tiny bit of fussing. 

Natalie is potty trained now, we still have accidents but for the most part she's PT.  It's nice most of the time, but at times it is difficult.

• imagelegaleagles:

DH applied for a new job at a "fruity" company that keeps the doctor away, nearby, he's super excited. Had his first phone interview on Monday and got called today to schedule a 3+ hour interview next week with most of the legal department. DH calls it his dream job. His commute would be 6 miles instead of 36! The attorney he interviewed with on the phone said his resume was "spot on". I'm so so happy for him, but also a little worried about losing our awesome IF benefits we have with his current company, though I think this company has some IF coverage and if he got a raise, I think we'd be okay if we have to move to IVF.

Thats John's dream job too! (but probably not as realistic as it is for A since A has experience in that field, and so far, John does not)

~~ married 8.11.07
  • Things are good right now. DH and I are headed to SF tomorrow for a long date. We're going to see the Post-Impressionist exhibit at the de Young and we're going to the Train concert in Berkeley that night. We'll be spending the night and heading back to Sac on Saturday morning. I'm super excited to have a date with my hubby!

Baby is doing well as far as I know. I've been feeling lots of rolling and kicks. I'm trying to enjoy every bit of this pregnancy, because it will be my last. I've told DH that I'm ready to know baby's gender, so he's going to surprise me with it at some point in time.

Right now, I feel like one of the luckiest ladies in the world!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Hi A!  Fun poll :)

We're excitedly getting closer to TTC!  I got a measles vaccine in early September, so can't get PG for 3 months from that.  I've been charting for 11 months, and when we go to Paris in December, I'll be done charting to avoid and ready, willing, and super eager to get PG.  Very exciting!

We are going to see family in Des Moines for Thanksgiving, staying around here for Christmas, and then head to Paris on 12/26 for 10 days.  I can't wait!

The pup will be one in 2 weeks!  I can't believe it.  I'll be making him a cake, of course :)

I'm running my first half marathon on Sunday!  I'm actually (knock on wood!) injury-free right now, so I thought - what the heck - and am signing up to run another one on 11/14.  Oh, and I'm registered for the CIM relay (with Faith and two other peeps!) in December too. 

Life is good!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageladipale:
    imagelegaleagles:

Thats John's dream job too! (but probably not as realistic as it is for A since A has experience in that field, and so far, John does not)

Well, they have lots of groups in their legal department - commercial, sales, etc., not all IP related, so you never know. If Alex gets the job, he can keep an eye out in the other departments that are less technical (and in all honesty, some of Alex's current colleagues don't have an engineering background or experience before they started). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So much!! We are adjusting to bebe going to preschool so far she is doing really great. I have nothing to do on Monday mornings but miss her so I'm taking on more home projects and furniture redos to keep my mind off her.

Work has been totally insane, my boss has been helping out with the San Bruno fire situation so I've had to do a lot of stuff at work on my own. I'm getting lots of exposure to the different aspects of working for a City which is beefing up my resume.

The most major thing though is getting serious about house hunting again.  I'm thankful to have our place but the thought of yet more holidays in our cramped space makes me break out in hives ;)  

• imagelegaleagles:
    imageladipale:
    imagelegaleagles:

Well, they have lots of groups in their legal department - commercial, sales, etc., not all IP related, so you never know. If Alex gets the job, he can keep an eye out in the other departments that are less technical (and in all honesty, some of Alex's current colleagues don't have an engineering background or experience before they started). 

that would be great! He is most interested in securities/anti-trust/corporate stuff anyway.

~~ married 8.11.07
  • Hi all!

I am finally starting to feel "at home" in our new home. Still no pictures hung on the walls, but we are almost completely out of boxes and comfortable.

Ada is acting like she's ready to walk, which scares me...I'm not ready for that yet!

DH has a job, we think. They are kind of being weird with him and not telling him if he has it or not. "We'll keep you posted" type deal. I haven't had much luck finding work either, ideally I'd watch another child but nothing has come through. 

DH is also getting more and more homework with his classes which is sad because that means less quality time with us as a fam :( But it's for the greater good!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"