Two Under 2
Options

How soon after having baby#2 did you get out of the house?

I feel like we didn't do anything for 2 weeks after Cora was born. I have a feeling we will be getting out of the house much sooner this time. How soon did you take your LO somewhere?

Re: How soon after having baby#2 did you get out of the house?

• Options
    A WHOLE two weeks? Haha. I'm one of those people that cringes when I see moms taking their babes out early...I like to wait at least a month (other than ped appts)
  • Options
    2 weeks and I thought that was early.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

with ds it was a week, we sat outside a bookstore with him his car seat. it was 75 degrees and perfect, i needed to get out. 

dd 5 days old, sat near the pool under a fan/shaded area.

ETA- Dh was gone by 2 wks with E, so if I didnt go out, I couldnt get food.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was out with both of mine in less than a week. They were both summer babies, if that matters. I also get cabin fever super easily and was worried about PPD from feeling trapped in the house.

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options
    DH and I took both kids out to Target and the park when DD was about 2 weeks.  The week after that I took them out alone for groceries.  No biggie.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We took DD out when she was less then a week old.  She was a summer baby though.  I imagine it won't be long for us to take DD out but I'll probably wait longer then with DD because of the time of year.
  • Options

With DS it was 2 weeks.

With DD it was 6 days.  We really wanted to take DS to Touch a Truck day, so we brought both kids.  DD stayed in her stroller the whole time, and we were there for less than an hour.  Then she came to DS's gym class at 8 days old - and hasn't stopped coming out since!

My DS is very active and would not have handled things well if we weren't getting out every day.  So we did!  DD has been just fine with it :) 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went out to lunch when she was 4 days old, then I made a quick trip to Target. I was not on my own, though. My first time out with both kids on my own was probably around 2 weeks or so.  We mostly just stayed around the house and our own backyard really early on. W/ DS we were out around 5 days but again, just a short trip into town for something.
  • Options
    A week after coming home I had to go back to my dr for an emergency visit so I brought my LO.  Then the next day we went to the grocery store and from there we have been going out every so often.
  • Options
    DD2-  6 days old. We took her out to vote and  for a lunch date since her older sister was away and I needed to get out of the house
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    Honestly, we kept DS in the house for probably 2 months. He was born during the Swine Flu epidemic, and it was really bad around here. Not to mention it was the end of October and freezing outside. Like PP said, I cringe when I see tiny babies outside.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

3 days with DS1- I sent DH to BRU but that didn't work so we all went together.

6 days with DS2.  Went to his pedi appointment and then went to Target after.  Today we went to the mall. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think we went out 2 days later.  I know for sure we all went to the park 3 days after coming home.  I can't stand staying in the house, especially now with the 2.  I've done several play dates and a few shopping trips.
  • Options

imageAmber68W:
    Honestly, we kept DS in the house for probably 2 months. He was born during the Swine Flu epidemic, and it was really bad around here. Not to mention it was the end of October and freezing outside. Like PP said, I cringe when I see tiny babies outside.

this exactly but it was early november  

• Options
    We were out when DS was only a couple days old.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"