Pregnant after 35

Stalled out - possible induction

Hi ladies!  I had another OB appointment yesterday and I am still sitting at 3 cm, 75% effaced - pretty much no progress for the last 2 and a half weeks.  My doctor is now on vacation until next Thursday.  We discussed induction at the appointment and she told me she generally does not like her patients to go beyond 41 weeks, which is just about when she gets back for me.  She is letting me think about it and if Baby Boy doesn't show up on his own before then, I can either wait the full 41 weeks to give him every possible chance to do this on his own, or else I can call her office on Monday and schedule an induction for the day she gets back, i.e. next Thursday. 

I haven't decided what I want to do.  I really was hoping to avoid induction and hadn't expected to need it, but she did reassure me some yesterday that my fears of an induction automatically leading to a C section are probably not as likely given that I had a pretty easy vaginal delivery last time AND the fact I've progressed so far already.  That said, obviously nothing is predictable.  I feel so disappointed that my body isn't just doing its thing naturally - I was really looking forward to experiencing the whole thing of realizing I was having contractions, laboring at home for a while, timing them with DH, and all that.  But I guess this little guy is just way too comfortable in there and in no hurry to meet the world!

Well, in the meantime, I've decided to enjoy this unexpected extra free time to hang out with my mom, relax, and do some fun things for me.  We are heading to the State Fair of Texas tomorrow so maybe all the walking and bad-but-good food will do something!  And the other positive note is that if I end up inducing at least I'll be sure to have my own doctor at the delivery.

Hope you are all doing well!!

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Stalled out - possible induction

• GOOD LUCK MOMMA!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck and enjoy the state fair food.  Sounds yummy!

I'm in the same boat as you, only I've stalled out at only 1.5cm.  My dr. is giving me until Monday evening (10/4) to have the baby which will be 41 weeks 1 day before I have to be induced. 

Cy (04.02.2008) & June (10.05.2010) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's hoping LO decides to show up on his own!  My DD was 8 days late so I went through a similar decision of wait v. schedule induction.  At 6 days late I scheduled my induction for the following week... and had my membranes stripped.  Well, that seemed to get things moving and I went into labor the next day.  I was so happy to not have to be induced.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Looks like your LO is taking his time. I wouldn't worry about it now - it's not even past your due date yet. If nothing happens by 41 weeks then I would consider induction. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope he makes his own debut!!!  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"