Central Florida Babies

16w pregnant in Orlando & looking for other expectant moms

Hello!  I've been on the March 2011 board for a couple of months but only just made my way to the local board.  I live in Orlando about 10 minutes from downtown, and I have family in the Disney area.

I work in communications for local government, and my husband is a software engineer.  We're cat people (although my husband to train our future child to say "Mommy, I want a dog,"), love Disney (Epcot Food and Wine Festival coming up, thank goodness the morning sickness is mostly over), and into active living (got to get my daily exercise in).

I am 16 weeks along and finally starting to feel like this baby (a boy, according to today's ultrasound!) will stick.  I am due on March 16th and plan to deliver at Winnie Palmer, about which I have heard an incredible number of good things.  I actually just had genetic counseling and a sonogram there today and was pretty impressed with the staff and doctor I met. 

None of my friends are at the same stage in life as me - either they've recently become single, or they've been done having kids for a while now.  I'm hoping to meet other expectant moms in the area.  Anyone in a similar boat or have tips on how to meet expectant moms?  Thanks!

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Re: 16w pregnant in Orlando & looking for other expectant moms

• I'm just about 16 weeks and working on baby #2. =)

Congrats to you! Very few of our IRL friends have kids either and it is hard sometimes. I've made some friends in my neighborhood at my gym (YMCA) and through another moms group.

=)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I'm in Orlando too but only TTC. I feel you on the part that all of your friends are at a different stage in life. I seem to be ahead of the crowd. All of my friends are not thinking babies or family but It's all I've ever wanted. When you're ready, you just are. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 40, this was an unexpected first pregnancy. I'm in the Winter Garden area and am due in May.

Shoot me an email if you'd like to chat sometime or get together for coffee/tea.

mcwhittaker@gmail.com

I'm the software engineer in the family, my husband is a technical architect. We have 3 cats... our furry babies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"