Preemies
Options

I feel all alone, even on here

I have been searching for ANYONE else who had Rh complications during their pregnancy and haven't found a single person. I know it's really rare since the shot is supposed to work, but I have searched everyone online it seems.I have found a couple of people on a crunchy parenting board, but those were all moms that refused the shot, which makes me want to jump through the computer and punch them. I got the shots just like I was supposed to and I am so frustrated, confused, angry as to why this all happened when I did all the right things.

I am envious in a way that you can all find someone else that went through the same thing as you.

That is all. Vent over :-

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I feel all alone, even on here

• Options

Even though my DD was not born because of Rh factor complications, she was a little earlier than yours. You still have a lot in common with us on this board because you've been through the NICU wringer.

I don't think anyone here had a preemie because of fetal bradycardia, but I do not feel alone. I don't know if your baby is home yet, but once she does come home, her reason for prematurity will matter a lot less. Please do not feel alone. We all have unique situations but we have more in common because of our experiences.

• Options
    I am sorry you are feeling alone.  I know that even though there are others here that had hellp I sometimes felt very isolated as well.  While we can't provide support about the causes of the prematurity I can say that many of our feelings and emotions about the birth and nicu stay of our babies are similar regardless of why we got there.  I dealt with and am still dealing with the guilt of me being the cause of E's prematurity and played out how I could of avoided the outcome we had if I had been more vigilant or had gone to the doctor earlier.  Eventually I got to a point of acceptance.  I don't like how it all went down but it is our story and I am ok with it now.  Hugs.  The whole thing sucks no matter what caused it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can understand how you feel. I am still trying to deal with what happened (he's 5 months now) to our LO and it is frustrating that all I can find are case studies that discuss the severe situations of my rare condition.

I had a placental chorioangioma that ruptured and it wasn't discovered until I noticed LO wasn't moving at 36wks. 

I feel like I am going through stages of grieving and currently, I am in the anger phase because I want to know "how did it go undected"/why didn't the drs know/what ifs about his future complications...etc.  

however, I am trying to stay positive and am gratedul for each day. you arent alone 

• Options

I'm sorry you feel this way. I hope you find someone that you feel understands what you're going through. 

I can, however, relate to doing all the right things, and yet things went so wrong. :/

• Options
    I'm sorry that you feel alone. I feel that way myself a lot of the time. While we might not completely understand your specific medical condition we certainly understand the pain/frustration/confusion that comes withh having a preemie. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you have two beautiful babies, (judging by your siggy) regardless of the way they came into the world. Hang in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry you feel that way. Try looking on the March of Dimes message boards:

https://www.shareyourstory.org/webx/Share Home/Parent To Parent/

There are a lot of diseases or complications that parents are dealing with that I never heard of before. Maybe you can connect with someone there.

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    imageSweets2005:

I'm sorry you feel that way. Try looking on the March of Dimes message boards:

https://www.shareyourstory.org/webx/Share Home/Parent To Parent/

There are a lot of diseases or complications that parents are dealing with that I never heard of before. Maybe you can connect with someone there.

thanks!

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I still don't know why DD came early and never will.

It's silly to say that I'd rather know, because I wish it wasn't an issue at all, but it's what we were dealt.  

Please don't feel alone...we all have some common ground here.

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"