Postpartum Depression
Options

Anger in Late Pregnancy... aka I'm going to rip someone's face off. Is this normal?

I am currently 35 and a half weeks pregnant and I have been in extreme physical discomfort for most of my pregnancy.  I have a history of anxiety/depression and I have been on Zoloft for the whole pregnancy.

I have actually been fine emotionally and pretty happy thru the whole pregnancy up until the last week or so.  I'm just seeing red all the time, very angry and upset about everything.  Is this normal during late pregnancy?My doctor keeps saying this is normal but I just need some reassurance from someone who's been there.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get through these next few weeks?

Re: Anger in Late Pregnancy... aka I'm going to rip someone's face off. Is this normal?

• Options
    I know how you feel. I am only at 16 weeks and I find myself getting more and more easily angered every single day. I have always had a fairly short fuse, but it is getting to the point that it is totally messing with my everyday life and activities. I ALMOST went nuts on my boss today (although I would say he would have brought it on himself, lol). My husband, friends, co-workers, and boss seem irritate me so badly that I could slap them. I don't know how to control it or fix it. It is actually beginning to cause problems. God help us all later in my pregnancy!
  • Options
    LMAO...I'm laughing because I'm relieved I'm not the only one. I swear I feel like grabbing certain people by their hair, dragging them across the room and kicking their butt! I am soooo annoyed and angered by certain things now. I am 26 weeks pregnant and it's not getting any better. Oh and I feel jealous too, where before I have never felt jealous! Wish I could control it more, but I seriously have never felt this way before with my other pregnancies. I had my other two boys in my early 20's and I'm 32 now prego with my 3rd (with a girl), is that it? The age? Is it because I'm having a girl? Ugh! Frustrated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"