High-Risk Pregnancy

any moms on BP meds during pregnancy?

if so, when did you start taking them ( during pregnancy or did you have high BP before pregnancy?) Also, what one did you take? Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: any moms on BP meds during pregnancy?

• I was on medication prior to pregnancy.  So before pregnancy I switched to safe medications.  Procardia and labetalol.  My BP has been creeping up during pregnancy so we just doubled the labetalol dosage and it seems to be helping some.  I still get high numbers mixed with low numbers.  Nothing in the middle.  Go figure. 
  • Prior to my first pregnancy I was not on anything.  Once pregnant I was on Labatol.  Then switched to Procardia after delivering Hope.  Stayed on that, but a pretty low does 60/mg.  Then I got pregnant this time, and they dropped the dose to 30/mg because my BP dropped.  I am still at that dose now.  I am hoping once I deliver I can stop taking meds completly.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on labetalol before pregnancy and have continued on it through pregnancy.  So far it is working well...
  • I have been on methyldopa 500 mg twice dailyfor a couple of years and still it now.  My bp readings are consistently low 100/70. 
  • I have had high blood pressure since I had my oldest son. I had pre e with him and have not had it since but the high b/p is still there. I take metoprolol and have now for 12 years.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was on Diovan HCT before I got pregnant and now they have me on Labetalol.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"