Nurseries and Baby Gear

Coach baby bags.. to buy or not to buy?

I have a Coach purse that I have used everyday for years and love the way it has held up. I have been considering buying a baby bag from Coach because I want one that looks like a purse and not a "diaper bag", although I know nothing about them. Do they work well? functional? and over all -- are they worth the money?

If anyone has any other baby bags to suggest -- I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Re: Coach baby bags.. to buy or not to buy?

• I have one in black and love it! I didn't want to spend the money (about $450), but I got it last year around Xmas time at the Coach outlet by my house...they had it 50% off, I had a coupon for 20% off and then b/c of Xmas, they were adding another 15% off in store that day...so I got it for $120. I'm really happy with it. If you don't want to spend the money and don't have an outlet near you, check out Reese Li bags...I used that before my coach one and liked it.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought 3 different Coach diaper bags and returned them all - the first one was leather and too heavy, the second was canvas and I decided would stain too easily and the third was just too big.  After all that I decided to go with the Storksak Emily - it's light, a nice size and gets rave reviews.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have an outlet near me, but when I drive home in October I'll pass one. I will definitely have to check it out! I have yet to see one in person, so I didn't even think about size. Thanks for the other options ladies!
  • I got one at the Coach outlet here, and can't wait to use it! And the outlet prices make it worth it, $140!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

~Amanda
    All are welcome in my posts

• I got a black one from the outlet. It is packed but of course I haven't had to actually use it yet. It's roomy with a lot of pockets for bottles, cell phone, etc. The changing pad can be wiped down, not sure what it's made of and the outside of the diaper bag can be "wiped down" as well, it's not cloth so I figure it can't get too messed up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the Reese Li bags! They are so nice and perfect size, look like a purse. Get lots of compliments, plus they are made in the USA which matters to me.

If you go the the Reese Li website, you can look in the "outlet" section to see if you like anything they have there to get a great price. I like the Lexington style bags.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• The last Coach Outlet purse I bought really fell apart (and when I asked a clerk about it, she said I "over used" the purse - uhhh, hello?).  Anyway, DH really didn't want me to get a Coach diaper bag for that reason.

I ended up getting a Mia Bossi Maria bag on Gilt for a great price.  I love that it's more purse-like than diaper bag-like.  I was also eyeing the StorkSak Gigi bag.

• I usually LOVE Coach, but I have a Coach "diaper bag" that I use for work as a messenger bag.  I've had it for about three years.  It has held up very well, but personally, I would never use it as a diaper bag after looking at a million other diaper bags that are on the market.  Most other diaper bags are better made for their purpose.  Yes, the Coach bag came with a wipeable changing pad, but there are no insulated pockets for bottles, no special pockets for dirty diapers, and very few pockets in general.  The bag is canvas and durable, but it's not stain-proof and the interior is not coated so that it can be cleaned out easily.  Maybe Coach has changed their diaper bags in the past three years, but I'm going with a Ju-Ju-Be instead.

• Kate Spade just came out with some new ones - I am buying one (it is outrageously expensive but I will definitely use it as a purse also) and it is lightweight (she makes most of them from nylon). 

https://www.katespade.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1876038&cp=2450627

• I guess it depends on the bag.  I bought one diaper bag, not coach, and hated it.  It had too many compartments.  I love my Vera Bradley bags (Vera model when DS was infant and Villager model when toddler).  They are roomy with sewn it pockets around the interior of the bag and the rest of the bag in wide open. I could throw things in it in a hurry. 
  • imagelaurel22:

I usually LOVE Coach, but I have a Coach "diaper bag" that I use for work as a messenger bag.  I've had it for about three years.  It has held up very well, but personally, I would never use it as a diaper bag after looking at a million other diaper bags that are on the market.  Most other diaper bags are better made for their purpose.  Yes, the Coach bag came with a wipeable changing pad, but there are no insulated pockets for bottles, no special pockets for dirty diapers, and very few pockets in general.  The bag is canvas and durable, but it's not stain-proof and the interior is not coated so that it can be cleaned out easily.  Maybe Coach has changed their diaper bags in the past three years, but I'm going with a Ju-Ju-Be instead.

Yes, the fabric is different now and easier to clean :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a hot pink Coach bag I got at the outlets and love it--totally the way to go.  Mine has tons of pockets - way more than my OiOi bag.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Jennifer*L your dog and baby photo is insanely precious! OMG so freaking cute!!!

imageJennifer*L*923:
    I have a hot pink Coach bag I got at the outlets and love it--totally the way to go.  Mine has tons of pockets - way more than my OiOi bag.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a big coach bag (not a baby bag) at the outlet.  It was over $450 and I got it for $170.  I love it b/c it doesn't look like a diaper bag, it has held up really well and holds everything DD needs.  Plus in the end I can use it for a bag for me assuming it still looks nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"