TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

@@@ Adoption Update! @@@

(I'm sorry for forgetting this yesterday....just slipped my mind!) 

So girls!  Fill us in! 

Where are you in the process?  Anything new we might want to know about?

QOTD:

What's been your favorite part of this process so far? 

Re: @@@ Adoption Update! @@@

• Gabe and I are headed to our second orientation tomorrow night.

I am really looking forward to this one because they bring in a Birth Mom and an Adoptive Family to tell their personal stories.  I'm excited about hearing both sides of the story from real people.

We are finishing up our application, and have lined up our physicals.  So at the moment we are up to date with paperwork.

However, now we have to start thinking about money.  When the orientation is over we'll have to pay for the Homestudy process.  So the next challenge is to come up with some money.

QOTD:

So far, my favorite part of this process is being able to share happy news with people and talk with excitement about having a family!  That's a nice change! 

• Wow Swanck - that's fantastic!

for us, not much new news. when AF arrives this week, we're registering for one of two orientation sessions at the agency we've singled out. One is this weekend which I don't think we will get in to, and the next is early November. And we've had more mention of international amongst both of us, but no decisions at all. 

qotd - reading really wonderful stories of others that have gone through this. and also, I've been thinking a lot of my Grandmother (maternal). My mom is adopted, and I've been thinking of my gram a lot on how she and my grandfather came to their decision ( they had male factor IF) Unfortunately, my gram passed before my IF issues, so couldn't talk to her about this. 

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"