Working Moms
Options

Favorite easy pasta recipe?

Re: Favorite easy pasta recipe?

• Options

My favorite (and my DH loves!!):

Thin Spaghetti

Regular Can of Spaghetti sauce (usually use a roasted red pepper or something with a little zip)

First saute' diced Zucchini, carrots, onions, mushrooms, yellow squash with garlic and olive oil. Add Spaghetti sauce and let simmer. Serve over spaghetti... This is super healthy and yummy!

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OK, this is really simple but good:

Baked Ziti

2/3 box ziti (cook it, obviously)

Mix cooked pasta with:

2/3 jar pasta sauce

10 oz frozen spinach (defrosted and dried, or use fresh spinach)

1 cup cottage cheese

1 cup shredded mozzarella

1/2 cup parmesan

1 egg, slightly beaten

Arrange in a casserole dish,  then sprinkle some more cheese on top, and the last 1/3 of sauce. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Cover if you don't put much cheese on it.

**I actually kind of feel out how much shredded cheese I want, I usually use less than this

• Options

Bruchetta Pasta-

3-4 chopped ripe tomatoes (use more or less, depending on how many people you are feeding)

2 cloves minced garlic

1/4 cup packed sliced basil

2 Tbsp olive oil

2 Tbsp balsalmic vinegar

S&P to taste

Mix it all up and let it sit while you cook the pasta.  Toss mixture with hot pasta.  I add in cooked shrimp if I feel like it.  Top with parm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cook penne.  In small sauce pan, slowly heat heavy cream with butter.  When warm, add pesto and continue to heat until warm enough to eat, about 5 more minutes, depending on how much you making.  Drain penne, put back in pot, dump the sauce on it and mix.

Mmmmmm, so damn good.  Penne in a creamy pesto sauce.  Perfect comfort food.  Sometimes I like to add grilled chicken.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

One of my least creative meals but a huge staple in our house and under 20 minutes:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

Meanwhile, cook Jennio Hot Turkey Sausage, 8 minutes each side.

Heat jar of Newman's Own Vodka Sauce.

Boil whole wheat spaghetti according to package instructions.

Drain pasta, add sauce, serve with sausage on side.

We had this last night with steamed broccoli. 

• Options

cook some kind of short pasta.  In the last 3 minutes of cooking, add fresh broccoli.  Drain all of it.  Toss with olive oil and a little bit of the pasta water. 

Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.  

• Options
    Mine's along these lines, too. I use spaghetti or thin spaghetti. Steam some broccoli. Toss the pasta with the broccoli and some butter, plus pepper, garlic salt or seasoned salt, chives, parsley, whatever spices you like. Then top with a generous sprinkling of parmesan and or parmigianno reggiano cheese. I eat this a couple of times a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"