Maryland Babies

Outerwear questions

My DS will be 7 months this weekend.  Does he need a snowsuit or just a winter coat for winter in these parts?  What did your LO have at that age?

My mom seems to think that he needs a full snowsuit and a winter coat.  I just think he needs a winter coat - but she lives in Pennsylvania and it is colder/snowier there, of course...and it isn't like he will be out "playing" in the snow.  But then I think about last winter and think for sure he needs both.  

Also, any idea where I can get a reasonably priced rain jacket for him? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Search & Win
My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!

Re: Outerwear questions

• My mom and grandmom are both nuts about winter coats and snowsuits for my LOs- they would buy them for me, but I had to explain they are not safe to be worn in the car.  Unless your little one is going to be playing outside you really don't need one.   If he won't be playing in the snow then you don't need a snowsuit.

It's very unsafe to have a child in a puffy snowsuit or coat in a carseat.  It prevents the harness from being tight enough and if you are in an accident the coat/snowsuit can compress and then the baby can be ejected from the seat and suffer serious injuries in the best case scenario.

from kyledavidmiller.org

"Car Seat Safety Links, Recommendations and Information

Avoid winter clothing bundling - Bulky clothing can lead to incorrect harness tightening. In an accident, the child can slip right out of the extra padding - and thus out of the seat. Let the car warm up or cool down prior to placing your child in there if possible. If your child is cold, place a blanket over the top of the harness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDnBO76RFM

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Well last year we did have a lot of snow. Annabelle had two snowsuits one of which we took her out in the snow for about 3 minutes just to take pictures. I did buy her a winter coat this year though, no snowsuits for us this time around.

I just picked up a winter coat at Target. It's actually a two piece coat, with a inner coat that you can unzip out. I picked it up for $26.00. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagedaisyterp:

My mom and grandmom are both nuts about winter coats and snowsuits for my LOs- they would buy them for me, but I had to explain they are not safe to be worn in the car.  Unless your little one is going to be playing outside you really don't need one.   If he won't be playing in the snow then you don't need a snowsuit.

It's very unsafe to have a child in a puffy snowsuit or coat in a carseat.  It prevents the harness from being tight enough and if you are in an accident the coat/snowsuit can compress and then the baby can be ejected from the seat and suffer serious injuries in the best case scenario.

from kyledavidmiller.org

Avoid winter clothing bundling - Bulky clothing can lead to incorrect harness tightening. In an accident, the child can slip right out of the extra padding - and thus out of the seat. Let the car warm up or cool down prior to placing your child in there if possible. If your child is cold, place a blanket over the top of the harness."

I have heard that before, Daisy.  So what did you do in the winter?  Last "winter" (DS was born on 3/2) we were just throwing a blanket over the infant seat when were were carrying him to/from the car and that worked fine.  But I'm sure he is going to outgrown his infant seat really soon.  Just wrap a blanket around him when we carry him to/from the car?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • image.KRM.:
    imagedaisyterp:

My mom and grandmom are both nuts about winter coats and snowsuits for my LOs- they would buy them for me, but I had to explain they are not safe to be worn in the car.  Unless your little one is going to be playing outside you really don't need one.   If he won't be playing in the snow then you don't need a snowsuit.

from kyledavidmiller.org

I have heard that before, Daisy.  So what did you do in the winter?  Last "winter" (DS was born on 3/2) we were just throwing a blanket over the infant seat when were were carrying him to/from the car and that worked fine.  But I'm sure he is going to outgrown his infant seat really soon.  Just wrap a blanket around him when we carry him to/from the car?  

I had never heard/ thought about this before last night. Then today someone posted this on facebook. I'm gonna have to try to figure this whole thing out before it gets too cold!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Fleece jackets for the car, plus hats & blankets.  

There are actually some "car seat" fleece capes out there that moms make- some of them are hooded.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"