Working Moms
Options

XP - air travel with baby

We're taking the baby on an airplane for the first time this weekend.  We're going down to Florida for a friend's wedding. and staying for a week.

Any advice ips would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Re: XP - air travel with baby

• Options

A pacifier or bottle for takeoff and landing to help with the ears. A blanket to cover them because the sound of the airplane puts them to sleep (I would cover my DS' head).

Also, don't forget to bring extra extra diapers and food (if you're not BF) in the event you get delayed on the tarmack for hours....

• Options
    A moby works wonders on a plane when they are that young. It keeps your hand free.  Bring way more diapers than you think you will need.  You don't want to get delayed and run out, because good luck finding diapers in the airport.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The only other thing I might add is renting equipment when you get down there so you aren't lugging everything through the airport. Although at that young age, you probably don't need much. Maybe the pack and play and stroller? We used her Bjorn carrier for walks, which is easy to pack, and carseat for sleeping, so you might not need anything!

Take off and landing were tough, so be sure you have a bottle/breast ready to help those little ears.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options
    I might be flamed, but bring some benedryl! I flew many times with DD and gave her a small dose as we boarded. If you are bringing a car seat, invest in a car seat bag. There is plenty of room to pack some things in there - like diapers - and I don't believe airlines charge to check strollers/car seats (they never did for us).Or even better, bring enough diapers for the 1st day or so and then buy them when you get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"