TTC after 35
Options

2WW

Hello all

I am new to this message board.  We are in our 3rd month of TTC and now I am in the 2WW phase.  I feel like I've waited such a long time for this (I'm 36 and this will be our 1st and likely only child).  I didn't know what an emotional roller coaster it would be; the disappointment, then feeling eager, the excitement about the possibility, then the anxiousness and round and round it goes. 

I know people suggest just trying to relax, don't stress, enjoy, etc.  But when you want something so badly it can be frustrating.  Also, the fact that it is out of my control at this point (I can be a bit of a control freak I'll admit).

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions for relaxing during this time, how do you cope and do you experience the same roller coaster of emotions?  Thanks

Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2WW

• Options
    Sorry, I don't have any suggestions as I struggle with the same issues.  It is consuming.  Being a control freak myself, I chart religiously and find "some" comfort in knowing that I doing everything I can to make our odds as good as they can be.  Hang in there.  I am hoping to start my own 2WW in the next day or so. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately I think you'll find that we're all looking for ways to relax and cope with this process.  You explained it exactly as a roller coaster of emotions.  We all go through it and that's why we're here. To support each other through those ups and downs.  The women on this board are wonderfully supportive.  So welcome to the board and GL to you that you get a BFP soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageaurora1974:
    Unfortunately I think you'll find that we're all looking for ways to relax and cope with this process.  You explained it exactly as a roller coaster of emotions.  We all go through it and that's why we're here. To support each other through those ups and downs.  The women on this board are wonderfully supportive.  So welcome to the board and GL to you that you get a BFP soon.

THIS

• Options
    It's funny, when I had my daughter I didn't stress about ttc and it happened in two cycles. It's taking longer this time and I definately feel consumed by ttc and experience all of the feelings you described. It's a difficult process BUT it's worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!  I am new too.. I have been TTC for a year and I have tried everything from obsessing about ttc to pretending like I didn't care--just hoping I could trick myself into getting pregnant.  I TRY not to think about it too much during the 2ww until the last couple of days.  Then I obsess about every little sign... I really wish I had some good relaxation ideas for you... I will be watching to see what others suggest.  :)  Good Luck!
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options
    Hi there.. I am 36 too and we are trying for our first. We are in our first ever 2WW and I am excited! I think that as a newbie I will learn in time that it gets a bit tedious with all the emotions, but I have waited so long just to be trying that I am excited about just trying right now!! My way of dealing with it all is info, info and more info... I'll probably try new things each month. Good luck!
  • Options

I think my only hint or trick for staying sane is just leaning on these boards!  Good luck.  We'll be here!

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Options

I'm new, too - to this board and on the first ttc cycle for our #2, and am feeling the "everythings" like the rest here! With my first pregnancy, I was so stressed out waiting that I went into the doc five days early and begged for a blood test since I would have had to POAS in the bathroom of an ex-boyfriend's the night before I gave a professional talk in front of a big audience. Couldn't handle the thought!

No tips or tricks other than achieving enlightenment, something I'm not exactly about to do any time soon. Good luck to you!    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"