We have informational meetings set up with four adoption agencies we are considering working with. What questions should we be asking to help us decide which agency to work with? Here's what I've come up with so far...
- Walk me through the process from start to finish
- Do you do domestic adoptions, international, or both? How many of each did you do last year? What are the pros / cons of each?
- How much do adoptions cost with your agency, and why is this more / less than other agencies in our area?
- What are some options for financing the adoption?
- What is the average wait time for placement?
- What counseling / services do you provide for birth mothers?
- Once a match has been made between a birth mother and adoptive parents, what percentage of these agreements fall through?
- What sets your agency apart?
Thanks in advance!