Pre-School and Daycare

New to board..

I hope this is the right spot to post this, if not please re direct me. I usually post on the Due Dec. board.

My oldest daughter will be 5 on saturday. She is in pre-k, and never has any potty accidents durring the hours that she is awake. But at night, she pees at least 2-3 times a week, sometimes more! I have no clue what happend, it has been this way for almost a year. I thought she would grow out of it, and she hasn't. The doctor suggested to not give her water 2 hours before bed, this we have done the accidents have not stopped. She was officially potty trained at 2 and a 1/2. She would wake me and DH up in the middle of the night to go potty ( she slept in our room, but in her own bed. ) After our 2nd DD was born, she was still not having any accidents. It wasn't until she was 3 turning 4 that it started. It is like she just decided she wasn't going to use the potty anymore at night.

Has anyone been through this? Or have any suggestions? Her doctor has been very unsupportive, and almost seems bored with the subject.

????????

Re: New to board..

• From what I have read, some children still wet the bed well into elementary school because their bladders just aren't ready for 8-10 hours without eliminating.  Plus, children sleep deeper than adults, so they may not feel the urge the way we do.  DD is only 3.5, and we sometimes have issues with this, but I know from first hand experience that it can last longer.  I have had bladder incompetence issues since childhood, and although I am "normal" now, it took me years to work out of bed-wetting.  As long as your daughter doesn't have a bladder infection, there really isn't much a doctor can do at this point.  Just try to cut out water, make sure she uses the bathroom before bed. 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SIL has this issue with her 5yr boy.  She thought he was looking for attention since she had just had another baby (he is the oldest with 3 younger)  First she bought a small toy that he really wanted & put it out of reach but in sight. She then started a reward chart & if he woke up dry in the mornings for 7 days STRAIGHT, then he could have his toy & wear underwear at night.  If he went 3 mornings straight, but then was wet, the count would start over.  He eventually got it.

It could be a number of different things like the PP said.  I would cut liquids after supper & only a sip with toothbrushing.  GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"