TTC after 35
Options

DH's reaction to SA possibility

I scheduled my first appt with my OB for next Wed the 6th. I told DH that the doc would most likely order some tests and that his would most likely be a sperm analysis. He looked at me with this cute dumbfounded look on his face and was like "well how am I supposed to do that?" I just started giggling and he was like "well you need to come with me to help!" Oh jeesh! I always assumed he could take care of that part. LOL

Re: DH's reaction to SA possibility

• Options
    My DH was also confused by this. He has to gather his sample at home and bring it there. He's being squeemish but heck, I'd prefer his test to a blood draw and HSG!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Did they tell you it had to be delivered within 30 min? Or is that only for IUI/IVF. I can just picture myself speeding to the doctors office with sample in tow. He drives too slow to make it within that timeframe!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, yeah.  I went with DH to "help" with his for the SA.  Let me tell you, there is nothing sexier...not.  Didn't help that at the time my RE's office (which has since moved and set up a much nicer shop) decorated the room for "collection" with, and I am not kidding, a football poster.  Say what?

Turns out in the end DH did better the second time around (for depositing for freezing) without me there.  Go figure.

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Options
    Hi lucy, my DH had the same reaction, we went about a month ago now, our RE is 2hrs away so we booked a hotel the night before and with help (and a long time) he did the deed....in the morning and we left straight after, about 20mins and the RE had the sample!!!  He is no good like that, i actually was getting worried it wasnt going to happen...your DH will be fine LOL Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    Ha! Funny stories. I guess the alternative - that they'd be psyched about it would be worrisome! Lol

• Options
    Oh yes it would be very worrisome... Wink
  • Options
    LOL!  That's cute that he "needs" you there.  When my dh had one, he didn't even want to talk about it.  He did his deed and dropped it off--the end. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think your guy is pretty normal.  I did hear of one saint of a DH who actually did is "job" at WORK in a bathroom stall in order to get the "product" to the dr in time for IUI!!!!  Share that with your DH in a "had to walk to school up hill in the snow both ways kind of way" and maybe he will feel a little better.  ;)

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Options
    I told mine that I'd rather trade places with him. He could go to the RE that you barely know and stick his legs in the air and then have some mans face staring at your "parts" and having someone sticking tools inside of you!!! He shut up pretty quickly :))) I was however worried that the DH would have trouble doing the deed.....it worked out for him.
    TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
    Fibroid removal Nov2010
    IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
    IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
    IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
    IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
    Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
    IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
    IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
    surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"