Two Under 2

Do I really even need a double stroller???

We have an Orbit which I love and a BOB running stroller which i almost exclusively use for DS who is 15 months, even as an everyday stroller.  I feel like it's such as waste of money to get a third stroller...is it really that big of a deal to just take 2 strollers with us when we want to go for a walk or out somewhere?

Re: Do I really even need a double stroller???

• Well, are you ever going to want to go out with both of your kids on your own? It would be mighty hard to push two strollers at once....

If you plan on wearing one child and having the other in the stroller it would work but if you don't want to have to wear one of them all the time I'd get a double. The BOB Duallie is great but it doesn't fit in our trunk w/out taking the front wheel off (we have a Lexus RX300, not a small car) so we have a Mac. Twin Triumph that we keep in the car. 

• you could always wait and see how it goes with 2 kids before getting one.

I am alone a lot and need to go places with them the stroller, so for me its worth it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How's that going to work when you go out alone?  And are you really going to want to pack two strollers when you go somewhere?  What about traveling?

IMO, the double stroller has been essential for errands, park trips, walks, airports, etc.  

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • even when i have DH with me - it would be a total PITA to have a 2nd stroller - and each of us HAVING to push one.... he'd never be able to walk off with DS1 to do something without having to find a place for the stroller, etc....

your 1st child will still need a stroller with the baby is born... I'd get a double.

do you NEVER do anything alone?

• lol...I am glad that I read the responses.  I was imagning you walking around pushing one stroller and pullint another. 

I think you can make do without a double stroller for a while and just wear your baby, but eventually you will need one. 

• Ugh, I forgot about going places by myself...I was just thinking about family outings i guess.  I wish I could have had a crystal ball when pregnant with #1, I definitely wouldn't have spent so much on strollers if I had known i would only use them for such a short period of time...ugh, ugh, ugh.
  • IMO, yes, a double stroller is a necessity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imagelhylcn:
    Ugh, I forgot about going places by myself...I was just thinking about family outings i guess.  I wish I could have had a crystal ball when pregnant with #1, I definitely wouldn't have spent so much on strollers if I had known i would only use them for such a short period of time...ugh, ugh, ugh.

I sold my Bugaboo to pay for a Phil and Ted's since #2 will be here in a few weeks. Have you considered selling your Orbit?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"