Working Moms
Options

**bulldog_mama23** RE: 2u2

I saw your 2u2 post-- I had the exact same thing!  DD#1 is an IVF baby and DS#2 was a surprise.  They're about 17 months apart too!  I was so upset/overwhelmed at first, but now it seems like it is really working out (I'm still on maternity leave though!).

I really worried DD would be jealous and I'd be stealing away her mommy and daddy, but it hasn't been like that.  I think the hardest thing will be the sleep deprivation and pumping/bottles when I go back to work-- not looking forward to that.  But so far 0-1 was much harder transition than 1-2.

GL!

Re: **bulldog_mama23** RE: 2u2

• Options

Congrats on the new baby!!  I am definitely nervous but I am so happy to hear that it is working out for you, hope it will be okay for me too. So glad to hear how your DD has reacted to the situation, I hope my DD is okay with things too, for the most part, I think that she will be. I am most definitely afraid of the sleep deprivation since I will still have a toddler to care for, it isn't like I can always sleep when the baby is sleeping this time! 

Since you are on maternity leave, is your DD home all day with you?? Just wondering.  We plan on having DD still go to her grandma's house a few days a week until I can feel a little settled in. DH does not get any time off work this time around, although he is going to try to work from home as much as possible the first week or two to help me out.  

• Options

DD is still in daycare-- for the reason you said I need to sleep when baby sleeps!  Plus, we need to hold her spot.  Our center is kind of difficult to get into. 

But I was home with her for about a week when she was sick.  It wasn't too bad b/c DS was sleeping a ton-- he'd only start to wake up around 4-5, so it was pretty easy to handle until then.  She probably watched more YouTube than I would normally like, but you gotta survive!  I also would wear him a lot while she was in the stroller or when we went to the park. 

How long will you be on maternity leave?  My DS is still sleeping a lot, so you'll probably have a good while before your second gets too demanding.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the response :) We still plan on keeping her at my mom's and MIL's so I can adjust.  

I will be on leave for at least 12 weeks, my job is super flexible as I work in the family business.  I know at some point I will do some work from home as I don't get any income while I am on leave.

Good luck with your two little ones!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"