High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

PreE ladies ... order of symptoms

Hi Ladies

Just wondering how your Pre-E presented?  Last time I first started with swelling, the a major increase in BP, then protein ... then down hill VERY fast.

This time, I have been doing month 24hour urine collections - my last results were 321.  (pre-pregnancy I was 92).  I am seeing some swelling, not a ton.  I have gained NO weight at all.  My BP is still good, below 120/80.  I am starting to get headaches and the occassional spot.   My reflexes are brisk.  Last week, I was sent to L&D for labs after having upper right quad pain, some swelling, and swelling in the face - but all my labs came back fine.

I had a quick visit today, with the nurse, who did BP and urine dip - both were fine.  I will check with my doc on Friday, but am wondering is there a particular order Pre-E presents itself? 

Any advise would be helpful.

Re: PreE ladies ... order of symptoms

• Options
    Mine started with high bp at 37 weeks I was sent to the hospital, did a blood test and my platelets were low but not enough to be concerned about.. bp was ok at 38 weeks and then at 39 weeks I got real sick... upper right quad pain ( hellp syndrome) nasea that progressed into vomiting as they day went on ( this was the day I turned 39 weeks) That then went away and I was very tired, saw stars when i was getting out of the shower.. no headaches or major swelling that I noticed.. then went to my 39 week appt at 39 weeks 3 days and had protein in my urine and high bp and was sent to the hospital for an induction. that afternoon. followed by a c section the next morning. I went downhill fast as well.. my platelets were so low by time I got to the hospital that I was unable to have an epi and had to be put under.. I spent the night after my c section in the icu and had 2 bags of plasma. I shutter to think of what would have happened if I had blown off my appt that friday afternoon my ob said I would have been "very" sick over the weekend.. very scary. Anyway I had both pre e and hellp and thats who my symptoms presented. hth!!
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • Options

swelling in legs,hands,face. Headaches, super high BP and protein showing up.

My whole store is in my bio if you want to click and read.

I am still wishing you the best!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"