TTC after 35

Ideal weight?

I was just wondering if everyone is at or near their ideal weight in terms of being healthy to ttc. I've lost and gained the same 40lbs 3x in the past year (I'm on the gain side of things now). I'm trying to walk every day and eat right but I'm not waiting to ttc until I lose the weight again.I think my OB would like for me to lose it first. But I think since I'm 38 I should just do it in parallel. I'm rather pissed at myself for gaining it again but it's been a super stressful year. Just wondering how weight has or hasn't factored into everyone's plan/process for ttc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ideal weight?

• I'm probably 10-15 Lbs over ideal (BMI=25) but am also not willing to wait to lose it to ttc. I'm trying to eat less and exercise more without results so far. I, too, have gained and lost these lbs several times in the last few years. :(
  • I hate to say but I am in the "under weight" category.  When I get stressed out I can't eat, it wont go down, so I actually need to put on about 5-10 pounds to really be ideal.  I try, but unfortunately it is hard to gain with my stress level and I have really high metabolism too!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had been trying to lose weight way before we started TTC but it was sort of simultaneous.  I finally hit my goal about June but started TTC in May and have finally maintained this time.  The secret for me was Weight Watchers online.  I recommend it to anyone who asks.

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • imagemkwt:
    I hate to say but I am in the "under weight" category.  When I get stressed out I can't eat, it wont go down, so I actually need to put on about 5-10 pounds to really be ideal.  I try, but unfortunately it is hard to gain with my stress level and I have really high metabolism too!

Trying not to be jealous...

• imagedianah36:

imagemkwt:
    I hate to say but I am in the "under weight" category.  When I get stressed out I can't eat, it wont go down, so I actually need to put on about 5-10 pounds to really be ideal.  I try, but unfortunately it is hard to gain with my stress level and I have really high metabolism too!

Trying not to be jealous...

Oh Sweetie please don't be jealous, I would give anything to just be normal!  I am short so it is really really hard to find clothes and my weight flucuates so much due to my stress level that my clothes barely fit.  I would give anything to just be normal ideal weight.  When my stress level gets high and I can't eat it is such a hard time for me, I crave all kinds of food, and I get it and just have to waste it, not to mention I look like an "dug addict" because my clothes just hang on me.  All I want to be is just "normal"!!!
  • I'm at an ideal BMI 20 -22% for TTC but not particularly happy with my own weight struggles and obsession with food, weight, etc. I am constantly fluctuating 10pounds. I just hope I figure it out before I have a little girl to make impressions upon! But back to the original post! I track most of my calories and try to get some exercise each day. Ive been way overstressed working and school each full time, so finding time to exercise has been hard.

• Oh how I wish I WAS at my ideal weight!  I have recently lost 30 lbs (it was anger dieting.. ttc for a year made me a little mad..) but am not on a strict diet right now. (it was starting to affect my cycles). So now I am trying to eat well but also not interfere with ttc.  Good luck to you!

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • I'm slightly over the weight range I should be in but honestly my RE hasn't said a word about my weight to me - I assume if he thought it was an issue he would.  The thing that really sent me over the edge is 3 months of femara - I gained about ten pounds but in the last three weeks of being off all meds I've almost lost it.
  • I have a life long weight struggle and am currently still carrying about 20 extra lbs that I put on when I was pg plus 10-15 post wedding pounds. I have no time to exercise and it's really starting to get to me. I'm not waiting to lose though. At 37,  I just don't have the luxury of time (as we all know too well).
  • I am an inconsistant work out person.  but since I've been using myfitnesspal.com I'm more accountable for the weight gain.  What has been working for me is, I don't denigh myself anything but I messure everything.  I cut back on the portion sizes and breakfast is the biggest meal of the day (usually between 5-600 calories). It helps me not attack the snack machine at work.

I have not stopped TTCing but I'm losing weight at the same time.  My goal is to lose 38 lbs with a 5 lbs swing in either direction.

• I should probably lose about 30-35 lbs (I'd be happy to lose 25).  With my thyroid condition, any weight loss seems to come reeeeally slowly.  I lost 5lbs between Mother's Day and August 1st.  I've been a bit depressed lately, so my devotion to exercise has waned and I've been eating really crappy.  I've regained 2-3 depending on what time of day it is. *sigh* 

I'm not putting anything on hold because of it though.  I'm trying very hard to make lifestyle changes and not just diet.  I know I'm an emotional eater, so if I can get that in check, I'll get back on the wagon.  Then, I'll have healthier habits to sustain a pregnancy, if/when that happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"