TTC after 35
Options

Hello Saturday Club!

How are you all holding out?  and holding up?  I am thinking I might test on Friday instead of Saturday.  got any signs?  I swear I never wanted to have sudden unexplained nausea until now!  LOL  I keep thinking maybe twinges or cramps but then it could just as easily be gas.  This has been the hardest 2WW ever! 

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png

Re: Hello Saturday Club!

• Options

Hi Pixie -- I'm not technically in your club since I'm almost a week ahead but I'm checking in anyway.  AF still hasn't arrived for me (now 14 dpiui / 13 dpo [I think]).  I am still holding out on not testing, since I'm still pretty convinced she'll show up (technically I'm only on CD 26, which would be pretty early for me to get AF who usually arrives on CD 29-30 -- but it's so hard to tell what Femara will do/is doing to my cycle!).  I'm going to try to hold out until Wednesday at least.  As for signs:  aagggh! My bb's are bigger the way they get before AF, but less sore than they were the other day; (tmi) now clear rather than creamy CM and not so much of it; I had cramping yesterday am that made me think AF was coming, but then nothing other than a few weird deep twinges this am in just one spot...and last night I did get a really weird hot flash in a relatively cold room, complete with underarm sweat which *never* happens to me.  Oh, and loss of appetite (not food aversion, just not so hungry) which is odd for me. That's it! If I were temping I'd have a better idea of what's going on but mostly I'm glad I'm not.

Hang in there!

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Options

Hello! So my self-preservation method for IUI #2 is-----> I am totally in denial....I just keep telling myself to prep for the shots and va-jay-jay invasions again next month....that way when I POAS---I will either be completely shocked and pleasantly surprised or I will confirm my suspicions... (like I said, I feel nothing...not one symptom)!!

I don't feel different one little bit. It has been a crazy two weeks emotionally, but what else is new, I am 41 and trying to conceive...not easy!

Thanks for all the warm and fuzzy feelings of support! I am going to login Saturday to see all the info!! Best BFP wishes to ALL!!!Party!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's going to be a really long week. I was just thinking to myself maybe I'll test tonight....(sigh) but I'm going to wait.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am 8 DPO and should wait until Saturday, but probably will test by Thursday. This is mostly because I am leaving the country for 10 days on Sunday and would want to have all my ducks in a row and call my OB before going, in the (unlikely) event I get a BFP.

I really have no signs one way or the other. I've had some low level nausea, sort of a queasiness, the past few days. I always feel a little nauseous during parts of my LP but this may be a drop worse than usual. Or I may be imagining it, who knows. I have sadly learned to lower my expectations. At least I have my first RE appt. on the 18th so one way or another I should have a plan in place soon.

Good luck all! Hope to see some BFPs in a few days!

My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options

Well...I'm exactly 1 week behind all of you but wanted to wish everyone GL and BFPs all around!

Stay positive...believe!

Can't wait to check in with everyone Saturday (or Friday night, Pix!) and see what's going on!

• Options
    well not really a member of the Saturday club.  I really want tto test tonight only because there are no sysmptoms of AF.  she should be showing up any day now.  I have unusually short cycles so AF shows up between cd19-cd23.  I have an OB appt tomorrow for another FSH blood draw.  I'm hoping that they will say oh you're pregnant.  :)
  • Options

Hi all,

I couldn't wait, so I tested this morning.  BFN. I am not surprised and will test again on Friday. I just woke up this morning and said what the heck, I can always buy more sticks.

I do feel like my nipples are tender,.but no other symptoms.   BTW I am 41, almost 42 and ttc for 1st time.  My tests all came back good, and DH is good as well.  Timing for us, has been difficult as I am a flight attendant.  I also worry that flying is potentially not good for having a baby. 

Well, hope Saturday is the day for big smiles for the ones who are here and the others that your :) will come soon.!

• Options

Hello,

Hows everyone doing in the Saturday club? 

So I poas this morning and BFN. But no AF yet.  I am alittle confused and holding out that could actually be pg. I was very much a newbie when it comes to ttc.   How does one count the days past O? I got a smiley on an opk on  Oct 18th and the RE nurse did an u/s on Oct 16th and said I was going to O in 2-3 days.  My progesterone 7 days later was 24.  So could the clomid throw off my normal 27 day cycle?  When would a test turn up positiive? Could i be testing too early. I truly hope so..   Thanks for any help.   

• Options

Gregandallison, sorry about the BFN.  I hate to say this but Clomid did throw off my cycle in a major way (it went from the usual 28-29 to 35 days), and it was BFN too.  Technically these drugs are supposed to alter your follicular phase (days before O) and not your luteal phase (days after O), but in my case both got altered on clomid.  Femara seems to have done much less of a number on my cycle; this last one was 27 days, so just a day shorter than usual.

All that said, you never know until AF actually shows, and if you O'd on say 9/19 you'd be only at 13 dpo today.  I hope it's actually a BFP for you!

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"