Parenting after 35

DS has discovered Elmo

It is so funny -- I'd forgotten this phase (which you would think I wouldn't have considering we still have a bunch of Elmo stuff).  But now DS has discovered Elmo.  Elmo's world comes on and he is so excited and starts saying "eh-mo, eh-mo" and babbling to the screen.  Mr. Noodles is a snooze for him (as it was for DD) and his fav part is with Elmo and the baby.  And when I give him the little stuffed animal Elmo that used to be DD's he just hugs it and talks to it.  So cute!

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: DS has discovered Elmo

• Awww!

Aaron LOVES Elmo.  Loves him beyond belief. He sleeps with a stuffed Elmo that was his cousin's (baby safe) and has another stuffed one (plastic eyes) that he plays with all the time. Plus I have an Elmo teething toy in my diaper bag at all times.

When Elmo's World comes on, he says "La la!"  

Thus Aaron's Elmo birthday theme.  

Elmo is cute and Elmo's World is cute too.  DH and I are amused by Mr. Noodles and Mr. Noodle's Brother, Mr. Noodles.  Aaron less so.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imageElmo loves Mister T
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Awwww.

I have to check this out with H.

• Maybe I should rethink the whole no television until 2 thing. That sounds adorable.
  • Sydney LOVES Elmo. We watch ten or fifteen minutes of SS every few days. I either try to time it so she sees Elmo in the opening (if he's in it) or on Elmo's World. She actually knows the theme to Elmo's World (she is nuts when it comes to music!)

Daddy just bought her an Elmo and a Cookie Monster (his favorite) yesterday when we went shopping. You shake them and they talk. So cute!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageM.Amy:
    Maybe I should rethink the whole no television until 2 thing. That sounds adorable.

LOL, Amy, you don't need TV for an Elmo obsession.  Keira became obsessed with Elmo from these Sesame Street mini books we have, and when she got a Baby Tickle Me Elmo doll as a hand-me-down from a friend of mine, it was definitely all Elmo, all the time.  She wants Elmo clothes, Elmo bibs, Elmo books, Elmo toys, etc.  Now she likes Abby, too even though she's never seen her except in books and on a bib she has.  BUT, she has very little interest in watching Elmo or Sesame Street on TV.  Go figure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"