Working Moms

WM Breakfast Poll

What do you eat for breakfast?  At home or at work?

Re: WM Breakfast Poll

• I try to mix it up.  Here are some options:

1.Organic sprout whole grain bread with lox, and a fruit like an apple or a banana.

2. Oatmeal with banana slices and raisins, and a veggie sausage patty.

3. Fruit shake:  OJ, plain yogurt, strawberries or blueberries, whole banana, scoop of oatmeal.

4. 2 scrambled eggs w/Bread (see above)

• I have breakfast at home about 6.  Normally waffles or a bowl of cereal and coffee.  I love this time - I get up, make coffee, get DD's food for the day and do a little bit of house work - load/unload the dishwasher, etc. watch the news.  Then go upstairs around 6:30.

I have breakfast #2 @ work around 10/10:30 yogurt or a pop-tart (LOL! - its better than getting a croissant from Au Bon Pain which is waht I would get otherwise!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKathrynMD:

I have breakfast #2 @ work around 10/10:30 yogurt or a pop-tart (LOL! - its better than getting a croissant from Au Bon Pain which is waht I would get otherwise!)

Without pop-tarts, I'd almost never eat breakfast!! In fact, the idea for this post came as I was eating mine in the car on the way to work.  I try to buy the ones with extra fiber to make myself feel better about it.

• The special K fake pop tart things were really good too - but still 100 calories - for 200 I can have a real pop tart and be satisfied.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Instant oatmeal at my desk.  I never managed to eat breakfast at home during the week even before DD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I have a chance to eat at home, it's a bowl of cereal or toast and usually a banana.  If I don't have time, sometimes I'll end up grabbing something at Starbucks which is bad for the wallet and waistline! 
  • I've had the same breakfast since I was 12. A bowl of Cheerios (plain not Honey Nut) with skim milk, half a bagel with peanut butter and a glass of chocolate milk. I always make time for it because at this point, it's completely necessary. Now I pump and eat at the same time. It works perfectly! I don't even like going out to breakfast because I'd eat something different!

• I usually eat at work.  I warm up a Fiber One Banana Nut or Blueberry Muffin w/ my Tim Hortons Cappucino.  I will switch it up w/ a granola bar every once in awhile, but I like the muffins best.

• I eat a bowl of cereal at home at 6:30, then a Fiber One bar at work around 10:30. And of course, a big, insulated mug of coffee.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oatmeal or a yogurt, in the office. 
  • I usually eat a banana on my way to work and some yogurt and almonds at work. On the Fridays I work its donuts for breakfast.
  • always at work...either a granola bar or something from the cafeteria (scrambled eggs, bagel, etc.)
  • I usually eat oatmeal, special K granola with fruit or walnuts, or cereal about an hour after arriving at work.

• depends on the day.

when not working and I am the one getting the kids to school....  I barely get a coffee.  I tend to get a snack (granola bar) after dropping them off and going on my walk.  

if I work that night, I don't eat anyway.  I tend to not eat b'fast or lunch those days b/c I will nap all afternoon and then have dinner with the kids and dh before leaving (then, as nurses know, there's always crap to eat at work... people love bringing cookies and cakes... I'm a stress eater and I rarely get more than a pee break... so it's nibble when you can. which ends up nibble cookies when you can... which is why I am fat now).

after work, if the kids are going to school... I get home just in time to help dh load them into the car.  = (  .  I usually just shower and go to bed... just eat dinner those days (like today).

if they are staying home (this is esp on weekends),  I shower and then I (or dh or dh and I) cook b'fast and eat with them (oatmeal, pancakes and bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy... those sorts of things).   

• Lately, kashi cereal and coffee. If I am trying to limit carbs, I make eggs.
  • I've eaten the same breakfast every morning for years, and I eat it in the car on the way to work -

A Thomas' English muffin with peanut butter, a banana, and a string cheese.

(The string cheese was an addition once I got pregnant - and now I have no desire to give it up!) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Usually wheat toast or a waffle with peanut butter and a banana. And coffee.
  • Cereal at home or eggs with an English Muffin. I always eat at home. Plus my coffee to go that I drink at work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I eat at home around 7. I have oatmeal with strawberries, honey, and soy milk every morning. I am addicted to it. I get coffee at work around 8:30.
  • I usually eat at home with the boys around 7:30.  I have a couple of stand by breakfasts:

Bagel with whipped cream cheese, dried cranberries & coffee.

Cereal (Grape Nuts or Fiber 1) with fruit and coffee.

If I am really pressed for time, a strawberry pop tart WITH COFFEE!  =)

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• cereal w/ skim milk at home. I usually bring a granola bar or banana for a snack
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always eat at work and have coffee, sparkling water and either cereal (usually Special K or Rice Krispies) with skim milk or oatmeal. 
  • Since I got pregnant, Grape Nuts with strawberries at home. A yogurt at work.

Before I got pregnant, a Fiber One bar in the car. And then a yogurt at work.

• I always eat when I get to work.  It varies but these are some normal things I eat for breakfast:  cinnamon roll instant oatmeal (I keep a box in my snack drawer at work), Blueberry muffin pop tart (also usually in my drawer), bagel and cream cheese, leftover pizza, banana and cheerios, breakfast sandwich from McDonalds/Hardees (not often), egg souffle & frozen mocha from Bread co (not often)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Either a zone bar or a cliff bar while driving to work. I get coffee when I get there b/c i'm lazy. Then around 11 I eat a fiber one bar.  I eat lunch a little after 1.

On weekends I usually just eat cereal. and coffee of course.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I eat at work now b/c they supply food - usually cereal, or oatmeal, or eng muff w/ egg white and coffee.

My go to breakfast before I worked here was a whole wheat pita, with spreadable laughing cow cheese, and 1 fried egg.  I would wrap it up in tin foil and either eat it in the car or train or when I got to my desk. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Typically at work and mostly cereal - hot or cold although every so often I will buy eggs or a bagel.  I add fruit part of the time and bring yogurt which I eat as a late morning snack. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"