Blended Families

morality clause

Is this petty or should we pursue it?

Edited b/c I'm paranoid.

Thanks for the responses, ladies. I appreciate it.

Re: morality clause

• They have been dating a while.  I think you are going way to far with this.  If she paraded every Tom, *** & Harry in and out of the house, then you could be upset.  You don't get to pick who she dates...you may not like him, but obviously she does.  Unless he is a danger to the child you have no reason to start a fight about this.  I would absoultely drop it. 
  • imageMama2S-K-M:
    They have been dating a while.  I think you are going way to far with this.  If she paraded every Tom, *** & Harry in and out of the house, then you could be upset.  You don't get to pick who she dates...you may not like him, but obviously she does.  Unless he is a danger to the child you have no reason to start a fight about this.  I would absoultely drop it. 

Ditto

Also, if you do start to make trouble she will probably just marry T.   Maybe she is doing the smart thing by giving it time and making sure it is a positive  blended family situation before jumping in and just marrying the guy.

• Loading the player...
  • You SHOULD have addressed it the first time you had "proof".  But when you did not, you gave a tacit okay to overlooking the clause OR/AND this particular man. 

Even if the judge does consider this to be a romantic relationship, he SHOULD also wonder why it is bothering you NOW.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Is it affecting the kids? Does it make them uncomfortable?

Presumably the point of a morality clause is to ensure that the children remain comfortable in their own home.

If the kids are okay, then let it go. 

But you might also try to find a way to tell BM she isn't fooling anybody. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • To me (though I do not believe in living together myself) that LIVING TOGETHER is different than bringing random people home at night.

Having a mortgage/lease indicates an attempt toward long-term commitments. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Well, we have one (DH and BM have one...) and it has come back to kick everyone in the @ss at some point or another...haha. But ours (theirs) was in place immediately as their divorce was finalized, and COs were finalized.?

?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"