Maryland Babies
Options

Maternity Clothing

Hi All.  I just got my BFP after a long time ttc.  Since I still am a couple day before my first missed period, it's probably too early to be asking this, but does anyone have recommendations on where to buy maternity clothing?  Are there any swaps to get second-hand clothing?

Thanks!

Re: Maternity Clothing

• Options
    Congratulations! My favorites were Target, Kohls and Old Navy. You can usually get some good sales and coupons if you keep an eye out and sign up for coupons.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think the best kept secret in maternity is JC Penney.  Very plain solid tops, great pants for work, and reasonably priced.  And wait until they are having a sale, then its even cheaper.  Also used Gap Maternity for some "flair" pieces.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    If you are willing to buy used, Tried But True on York road, near Hunt Valley has some great pieces, as well as nice stuff for baby.  It was great to buy jeans and weekend clothes.

• Options

Almost all of my maternity clothing is either Gap, Old Navy, or Target.  I had to buy pants online to get the tall lengths that I needed, so Gap and ON were great for that.  I liked a lot of my basics that I picked up from Target - t-shirts, tanks, etc.  I've heard a lot of girls have luck w/Kohl's and Ross, but I never had any luck whatsoever at either place.  Maybe I was just hitting up the wrong locations of these two, though.

However, I didn't buy too many maternity pieces - I went up one size from my prepregnancy size for most of what I wore during pregnancy and I also used my two bella bands for a very long time.  This just worked better for me.

If you're open to buying used clothes, be sure to keep an eye out for the Wee-Cycle sales (they have a website if you google it) - they had a ton of maternity clothing at the Balt. Co. one that DH and I went to back in Feb.

ETA - I forgot to say congrats on the BFP!  H&H 9 months to you!

• Options
    Pastor's Wife reminded me- except Target, I had a lot more success online!
  • Options

Ditto PP re JC Penneys - they had lots of cute inexpensive work appropriate pieces.  Stay away from Motherhood - their stuff is overpriced, poorly made and horrible return policy.

I also splurged and bought 2 pairs of work pants from Ann Taylor, but I got alot of use out of them.

• Options
    Congratulations! I picked most of my maternity clothes from Kohl's, Old Navy and a few pieces from JC Penny's.

• Options

If you don't mind buying used, I bought a bunch of pieces from a woman on CL - she was exactly my size (down to needing long pants!), PG during the same seasons and it was only used during one pregnancy...and she was on bedrest, so most of it was in perfect condition. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    And Congrats to you!  H&H 9 months!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    E-bay!! People clean out their closets all the time and sell lots of maternity clothes for cheap cheap cheap. I got a ton of stuff from e-bay. I lucked out and found one seller who was apparently very well off (it was all high end, good quality stuff) and she just wanted it gone since she only had plans for one child. so I got a whole bunch of really cheap brand name things that I could never regularly afford.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Another spot for gently used clothes:  Wee-Cycle  (www.wee-cyclemart.com)  They happen twice a year but they're still doing the Fall/Winter ones.  The wkd of Oct 8th is the WCM in Westminster & the wkd of Oct 22nd is in Ft. Meade.

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Options
    I am loving my maternity wear from target -- very inexpensive but extremely comfortable *and* stylish enough to wear to work.  Also, the Motherhood Maternity store in Arundel Mills -- about 80% of the store is clearance and discount up to 50% off the already love price.  Plus I've been there 4 times through my pregnancy and the sales women are super friendly, not pushy at all, and really supportive and helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations!!  Wishing you a H&H 9!

Regarding Maternity clothes: I had great luck at the JC Penny in Whitemarsh.  Everything was buy-one-get-one 50% off when I went, plus I had a 15% off coupon.  I got most of my staples there (T-s, black pants, jeans, etc...)

Babies-R-Us sells the Motherhood Maternity brand of clothing that you can get at Destenation Maternity, except they have a much better return policy.  They also have a sibling line of clothes available at Kohl's.  (The difference between the two lines would be similar to the differences between Anne Taylor and Anne Taylor Loft.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got lucky and ended up inheriting a lot of stuff from my sister. I bought a few nice dresses from A Pea in a Pod that I can wear even after I give birth, so it was worth investing the money, and cheaper pieces from the Gap. I had no luck at JCP or Kohls, however. I do like Kohls but could never find anything good in Silver Spring or Ellicott City.

image image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Another great spot is Greenberries which is located in Columbia.
  • Options
    I got some of mine from Motherhood Maternity.  I agree, I think the shirts are made like crap, but the pants definitely lasted me during the whole pregnancy without much wear and tear.  I also got clothes from Target, Kohl's, and Macy's (which also carries MM). 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"