February 2011 Moms
Options

Hats and mittens

Obviously, having a February baby means hats and mittens are a necessity! We have two snow suit/cold weather outfits for our girl and I'm looking for the perfect ones that would go with either. The warmer one (for those very cold winter days) is blue with snow flakes on it (MIL got it for us before we knew the gender) and the lighter one, for the more mild winter days is this:

https://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|3|1|156|2|8||&simg=35942_67D

Any suggestions on where I can find cute hats and mittens?! I can't find any that I like the thought of with the pink suit, because of the orange trim! And I'd like to find something multi-color striped with pink and blue both in it so I can use them with either set. 

The outerwear is something I am buying all on my own and not registering for, because I love winter weather so much. 

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hats and mittens

• Options
    Try looking around on Etsy! They have tons of cute hand crocheted and knitted items on there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
  • Options
    I never thought of crocheted things! My mom crochets, she could make something that is to my specifications easily!
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have bought several things from Hanna and I love the quality they make such good hand me downs.  I especially love their infant pilot caps I think they are too cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha sorry I didn't see you were looking for recommendations- I thought you were just asking about Hanna Andersson.  I've always gotten BabyGap/Old Navy for my kids and love them, but I also love the PP's suggestion ETSY has tons of cute knitted things.  I used to be crafty and do my own knitting but you may not feel that inspired...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Haha it's all good! I love that I made a good choice with Hanna Andersson - I fell in love with that fleece suit the instant I saw it (albeit with the blue boy's one but hey, pink is cute too!).

I talked to my mom and she said she'd try to do a hat and mittens set in the colors I want to match both suits. Cross your fingers - she's an awesome crocheter but she's never done this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"