Pregnant after 35

After giving birth question!

I am not sure who to ask, but I know that after birth you bleed and have to wear pads, no  tampons, how long does this last???  It was just something that popped in my head and it is not a question that I want to bring up in the office breakroom! 

Re: After giving birth question!

• For me it was 6 wks!  I couldn't believe it.  At one point (I think after 3 or 4 wks) I thought it had stopped, but nope started up again.  I actually called my midwife b/c I thought this seemed like a long time, but found out it was the norm. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me after DD was born it was ~7 weeks!  I remember I was still spotting quite a bit at my 6 wk PP appt, and the bleeding stopped several days after that.  Most of my mom friends haven't had PP bleeding for that long though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I bled for 6 weeks, but it was only really giant pad heavy for a week.  The last few weeks were just panty liners.  I also had a c-section and I think that helped, because I think the OB usually cleans your uterus out a bit.

My friends who had c-sections seemed to bleed less than friends who had a vaginal birth.

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • I only really bled for a couple of weeks, and after that just used the light pantiliners for another couple of weeks.  It wasn't bad for me at all, and I had a natural birth.  I think my menstrual period returned about 3 months after that (I was breastfeeding, too).  I think it can be different for everyone.  I know it's not uncommon for the after-birth bleeding to go longer, but in my case, it wasn't that long at all, and was only heavy for about the first week.

Lori

Wife to Morgan, Mom to Sebastian (almost 4)

Little BOY #2 on the way!  Due 11.02.2010

• I had a vaginal birth and bled real blood for about 3 weeks I think. I had the lochia/ discharge for another 3 weeks which got progressively lighter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • About 3 weeks after VD.
  • I had C-sections with both and I bled for about 2-3 weeks.
  • I had a c-section. I bled I think for 3 weeks but still had light discharge for 3 more I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a C and i was like 2 weeks
  • 6 weeks after VB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"