Adoption
Options

Family is of the Heart - A response to Fredalina's post

Fredalina, your situation got me thinking on this....

It does not matter what the law says, it does not matter what the DNA says, family is of the heart. Once someone is in that special place in your heart, they are your family! For example, my 'sister' from another mister as we call each other. She has been my best friend for 18 almost 19 years. She IS my sister. She qualifies for everything that a sister should, minus what society has placed down of blood or legal connection.

My cousin, by law, is family. But that doesn't matter to me because she, in my heart, is like an aunt/sister/mom. We have the most awesome relationship, and even if she and her husband split I would still and always call her family, though the law would not, and not just because she has my daughter. We talk about everything, and when I got stuck in a really bad situation recently, it was her that I called. That's family no matter what the law or society decides.

Society shouldn't have the right to tell us who is and isn't our family. That is up to us as FREE human beings, and children of God. Technically, we're all related somehow so those corporate people can go sniff dog butts. 

Family is community, Family is Love, Family is a protective intense bond. That can't be determined by any law or social contract. And is certainly not proved by an insurance card.

Anywho I hope all of us, BM and AM alike, continue to break those restrictions and change the world to be more accepting of each other and less restrictive on what constitutes 'family'.

GL Fredalina! 

Re: Family is of the Heart - A response to Fredalina's post

• Options

darquesam,

I love reading your posts. I see an autobiography in your future. I would buy it. 

I admire you for all that you have done. Stay strong!

• Options
    imageSHalleran:

darquesam,

I love reading your posts. I see an autobiography in your future. I would buy it. 

I admire you for all that you have done. Stay strong!

I'm actually in a creative writing class right now under a published professor, and he said he would help me pursue that route :)))

I'll let you know how it goes over the semester and thank you for that vote of confidence. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cool! no problem
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

imageInternetExplorer:
    It's like reading the myspace page of a 15 year old girl.  

I'm sure since you are 15 and a sophomore in High School you would know such things. See, I didn't even know, at 21, that myspace was still used.

Consider yourself reported InternetExplorer.

No one appreciates you. 

• Options

Why report an opposing viewpoint?

IE doesn't like your writing style so you reported her?  I believe the rules of the nest/bump do not allow for solicitation or harassment, but this is far from harassment...it's more like childish tattling. 

• Options
    imagefoundmylazybum:

IE doesn't like your writing style so you reported her?  I believe the rules of the nest/bump do not allow for solicitation or harassment, but this is far from harassment...it's more like childish tattling. 

this isn't the first time that IE has posted something uncalled for on of her posts. I would consider it "harassment" if she continually seeks out posts from the OP and says something out of line. 

• Options
    imagecome*on*baby:
    imagefoundmylazybum:

this isn't the first time that IE has posted something uncalled for on of her posts. I would consider it "harassment" if she continually seeks out posts from the OP and says something out of line. 

Thank you. This ISNT the first time she has done this, and I am tired of her pointless harassment. Not to mention how on earth is that an opposing viewpoint? It's just a rude one...

• Options
  • Options
    imageInternetExplorer:

You post it, I get to comment.  It's not harrassement. I cannot believe how much smoke it getting blown up your patootie.  Your writing style is immature and lacks any depth or understanding.

The adoption board has the same TOU as all the other boards.  I have not violated them.

You make yourself seem uneducated when you speak. Not to mention grammatically stupid. No one wants to listen to you be negative. It does not make you seem superior, rather it makes you seem cruel and ridiculous. My writing style is my own. Do the board a favor and disappear. I have the right to post, and your right to comment is to your own interpretation... just know you are making yourself seem about 10 years old right now.

This post was meant to be a positive inspiration for someone going through a rough time. I am so sorry that you feel the need to bring ANYONE down. How sad your life must be. 

• Options
    imageInternetExplorer:

You post it, I get to comment.  It's not harrassement. I cannot believe how much smoke it getting blown up your patootie.  Your writing style is immature and lacks any depth or understanding.

The adoption board has the same TOU as all the other boards.  I have not violated them.

As come*on*baby also recalls, this isn't the first time you and Darquesam have gotten into a spat over a comment you left on one of her threads.  If I recall correctly, in that thread you suggested that she seek counseling -- which isn't a bad suggestion, but your tone and word choice had been perceived as pretty rude.  Your comments in this thread also come across as pretty rude. 

Why bother making a rude comment on a thread that was mostly a nice commentary about Fredalina's company's stupid policies on family?  TOU violation or not, it doesn't really strike me as the mature response on your part if you don't care for Darquesam's writing style.   

We are all adults here.  Can we all please act like it and be civil to one another?

• Options
  • Options

I guess what I don't understand is why you spend so much effort responding to the posts of a young woman you obviously don't like.  Why not just ignore her posts if you don't like them?

• Options
  • Options
    imageInternetExplorer:
    imageGulfCoaster:

I guess what I don't understand is why you spend so much effort responding to the posts of a young woman you obviously don't like.  Why not just ignore her posts if you don't like them?

Why does anyone post anywhere?  I like to express my opinion.  I'm a legend in my own mind.

The paucity of dissenting opinion on this board is a shame. 

Dissenting opinion is one thing, but posting in multiple threads to insult the OP?  I think that's more than "keeping it real."  As I tell students, even when you are convinced that what you are writing is the truth, there is a polite way and a rude way to express yourself in writing.  We try on this board to stay on the polite side, even when disagreeing with each other.   (And yes, there are dissenting opinions at times -- we've had several HTT threads that have been filled with dissenting opinions, but they haven't disintegrated into flame wars because the vast majority of posters are polite.)

• Options

The paucity of dissenting opinion on this board is a shame. 

Welllll..... I can see where people would get this idea and it's something that has been talked about here, but I don't think it's such a shame that we have a "paucity".  Paucity doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that we don't have an abundance of it, which suits everyone just fine.  All sides of the adoption triad are welcome here and you are misinterpreting respect and politeness for blowing smoke up someones ass.  People are pretty vulnerable here, brutal frankness can be pretty brutal and isn't as effective here.

I agree that things are sugar sweet here mostly, but that's because I think most people need a safe place when they are dealing with hard things.  That's what this is.

I like dissenting opinion in most areas of my life, but I like that it's a paucity here! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

If your beef is Darkesam's writing, block her.  If it's that she posts here as a birthmom, then tough, birthmoms are welcome here.  If it's that this board's tone doesn't suit you, then by all means find one that does. 

I agree with Fred. Internet Explorer, you are pretty abrasive, and this board just isn't like that. 

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    imageHoneydew1894:
    imagefredalina:

If your beef is Darkesam's writing, block her.  If it's that she posts here as a birthmom, then tough, birthmoms are welcome here.  If it's that this board's tone doesn't suit you, then by all means find one that does. 

I agree with Fred. Internet Explorer, you are pretty abrasive, and this board just isn't like that. 

Agreed. Nicely said, ladies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options

Oh honey....I just went back and read through all of this stuff, and I'm so sorry you are being attacked. I think it's awesome that you are still on here, and I read through some of your posts, and I must say that I enjoy them. Don't let one or two people, who say something slightly off, affect you. The truth is that in real life, those things probably would have never been said.

You sound like you're doing very well, except for your aching heart, I imagine. I know the feeling very well, but it is getting less. I like your writing style. I think you are so full of enthusiasm, and you are very intelligent. I don't 'know many young people your age who have the understanding that you have. You have definitely been blessed. Little girl is SO beautiful! Her lips are just like a tiny little flower :) I think Georgie is the cutest nickname, too! Keep writing. I enjoy hearing from you, and so do others here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"