Pregnant after 35
Options

41 & Freaking Out

1st baby...41.......OMG!   I am worried about risk.....because of my age......:( so it's hard to be really excited.

Re: 41 & Freaking Out

• Options
    Congratulations!  It is a v. exciting time.  H&H 9 mos.!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations to you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! It's hard not to worry but try to just take each day of your H&H 40 weeks as it comes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi!  Welcome and congrats.  I am 41, too, with my 7th and 8th babies.  This pregnancy has been probably my best yet, and the babies are doing very well and are healthy.  Try to relax and enjoy!  And if you need anything, let me know.  I'll try to help.
  • Options
    41 here too - with spontaneous identical twins (and first babies) on the way. I was worried about my age and the chances of problems too, but as of now, everything has been smooth sailing, and the little ones are perfectly healthy with a 1/776 chance for chromosomal defects. Just remember - statistically, you are already beating the odds, so don't dare start thinking that you'd stop beating them throughout your entire pregnancy! H&H!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congrats.  I'm 40 and pregnant with my second and everything seems to be going well so far.  Try not to let the age thing worry you.  
  • Options

* Raising Hand *   Me too!

I'm 41 and expecting my first (and 2nd) - found out it was twins on Friday!!  Praying so hard that they both stick.  I've had multiple m/c, so its doubly hard for me not to be anxious. 

Hope we both have uneventful, smooth journeys to parenthood.

oh, and Welcome to The Bump!  

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 42 and just had my first baby!  We hear so much about advanced maternal age and risks...so it's understandable why you might worry.  But, try not to worry too much...the 9 months goes by so fast...and it's such a special bonding time for you and your LO.  H and H 9 months!
  • Options
    Congrats! I will be turning 41 four days before my due date. It's not as scary as you think it is.
  • Options
    No worries!!!  There are tons of things they do for us oldies to make sure we and the babies make it through OK.  I'll be 41 when my twinkies are born also!
  • Options
    I was and am 42 when conceived and will deliver right after turning 43!! Relax...consider yourself fortunate at 41 to have conceived to begin with. We did IUI...not IVF candidate due to age and my reproductive endo doc and we had less than 25 % chance....I did however skip right to the amnio at 15 weeks b/c my doc said the prescreens would come back postive and would end up at an amnio anyway...that really helped put my mind at ease. Just diagnosed with Geststional diabetes BUT only 75 days to go so I'll work through it....good luck
  • Options
    Congrats, I will be 40 with my second. Age hasn't played a factor in my pregnancy, everything is great with the baby. Nothing magically happens because you are older - try to not worry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'm 41 also, and have six sons.  This pregnancy is one of the easiest ones I've experienced.  Good luck to you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"