Babies: 9 - 12 Months

If you formula feed ?

Would you do it again for your next baby? I honestly think I would bf for at least as long as I bf'd E (6 weeks-2 additional weeks of pumping). I honestly had anxiety over it, it still hurt after 1.5 months, and I hated it. But I would have to at least bf my next lo for as long if not longer.

Re: If you formula feed ?

• I EBF/EP for 7 months w/ Jack.  I'll do as long as I can for the next one.  I currently FF Jack.  My goal was 6 months and I reached it.
  • I BF for 7.5 months and my supply went down and DD wasn't fulfilled. I am happy with the choice I made to FF after that. I feel like my body told me when it was ok to stop...and I will do the next with my next baby. BF for 7.5 months is a great success in my opinion, it is nothing to be ashamed of. I will BF for as long as it works for me and my baby, and after that I see no problem with FF, be it 1 week or 1 year.
  • Loading the player...
  • I EP'ed for 6 weeks until I got a flu bug and my supply tanked. I don't feel guilty at all. My son is healthy, strong and happy. I'll try to BF/EP for the next one, but I won't feel bad if it doesn't work. I'm a proud baby feeder :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagebabyernst:
    I BF for 7.5 months and my supply went down and DD wasn't fulfilled. I am happy with the choice I made to FF after that. I feel like my body told me when it was ok to stop...and I will do the next with my next baby. BF for 7.5 months is a great success in my opinion, it is nothing to be ashamed of. I will BF for as long as it works for me and my baby, and after that I see no problem with FF, be it 1 week or 1 year.

ditto but with us we EBF'd for a little over 5 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Dx PCOS 09/08 2000mg Met
    TTC #1 from 05/08-02/09 BFP 02/26/09
    DD Born 11/11/09
    Suprise Baby #2 on the way! EDD 8/16/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • My goal was to BF for 6 months.  I made it 6.5 and hated every minute of it.  I will do the same for the next one.
  • I pump and formula feed.  I would love to skip the formula entirely next time.  my goal this time was 4-6 months, but for whatever reason I've become determined to give him some breast milk until his first birthday.  I despise pumping so the goal next time would be to be more careful about introducing a bottle and maintain the nursing relationship longer so that I could pump less.  If I can't get the next one to nurse longer, I might skip the pumping and go straight to formula.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would do it again, exactly the same. I chose to formula feed from the start, and I do not regret it for one moment.
  • My goal was to EBF for a year, but DS was diagnosed with a dairy & soy allergy when he was 2 months old.  I switched to hypoallergenic formula after attempting to go dairy & soy free and failing miserably (the hidden stuff killed me).  With my next baby I will plan to EBF for a year unless there is an allergy.  I didn't have supply issues and I genuinely liked BFing..plus it's much more cost effective :)
  • My supply never came in due to trauma. If it comes in next time, (Drs worry it wont) I will breastfeed as long as I can. But if it doesnt work out again, thats ok. DD is happy and healthy and has been formula fed since the beginning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"