North Carolina Babies

Question for 2nd time moms

So this pregnancy I still feel like a million bucks.  Okay, maybe $750,000, but I still feel really good overall, all things considered.  Aside from having contractions, which aren't painful, just uncomfortable, I can't complain.  I'm even still sleeping pretty well.

I just remember being/feeling much more miserable at this point in my pregnancy with Ben.  Do you think it's because I knew more of what to expect so it's not so bad? Do you think it's because I was a lot more active this pregnancy vs. the last one where I sat a desk all day? Or do you think it's just because I got lucky and happen to rock pregnancy?Stick out tongue

Just curious if you were more or less comfy the 2nd time around

Re: Question for 2nd time moms

• I am 32 weeks so just a little behind you and have felt really pretty good overall. #2 is way more active than I remember #1 being throughout the entire pregnancy. Lately I have noticed that I am more tired - but I have had a very busy few weeks recently so I'm not sure I can completely blame that on the pregnancy. With a 3 yo running around I think I have been a tad more active so maybe I haven't noticed the same discomfort that I felt with #1. I'm not measuring much bigger this time but my stomach feels more stretched than I remember with #1. That is the only real discomfort. Everything else has really seemed to be just like #1 other than showing a lot earlier. Good luck in the next few weeks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My weight is about the same as it was with Ben at around this time. But I still don't feel as big as I remember feeling with him. Though, I'm sure I am!

Thanks! and good luck to you too!

• Loading the player...
  • I was more miserable, but last time I was pregnant in the winter, this time it was one of the hottest summers on record and I had a July 30th baby.  Other than that my pregnancies were almost identical. My weight gained each week was almost identical too which was kind of odd.  I got a little bit bigger earlier on that last time but that's about it. Labor on the other hand was EXTREMELY different.  Walked around 4 cm dilated for a week with no contractions then had an internal exam at my 40 wk appt and literally went into labor in the dr's office. Luckily the hospital is right next door because I delivered our second baby girl 2 hours later!  Talk about fast!  Good luck to you!
  • You are lucky and rock pregnancy! I had a great pregnancy with my first but was very uncomfortable and not sleeping well with #2. I did almost everything the same with both, was active and walking a lot. Baby #2 was so active and was pushing, kicking, punching from every angle, it was miserable at the end. But then I delivered a 9.7 pound baby compared to my 6.12 pound first baby. So I think that explained why I was so uncomfortable. I think Ben was pretty big, is that correct? Maybe that is part of the difference, your second baby might be a lot smaller :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"