Adoption

Fostering Q

We'll be fostering through NY after we move and I am having the HARDEST time getting a hold of anyone to even talk to me about foster care in the county we'll be in.  I know they are crazy busy but now I'm wondering how I'm ever going to get ahold of them to START being a foster parent!

Annnnyyyyway.  I've been trying to figure out if we'll be able to afford this and such.  In the info listed for the website it says there is a monthly rate and a per diem rate; it's like that for everything, clothing, etc.  Why are their two? I'm so confused!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fostering Q

• Here in Florida there is a rate for kids who are only in your home for a few days (like respite) or who come and go out of your home fairly quickly.  Then there is a monthly rate geared for kids who are in your home for an extended period of time.

I had to deal with a foster care agency in NY when I was trying to get children placed up there through ICPC when I was a case manager, and it took forever to deal with it!  What agency are you working with?

• imageamazingkel:

Here in Florida there is a rate for kids who are only in your home for a few days (like respite) or who come and go out of your home fairly quickly.  Then there is a monthly rate geared for kids who are in your home for an extended period of time.

I had to deal with a foster care agency in NY when I was trying to get children placed up there through ICPC when I was a case manager, and it took forever to deal with it!  What agency are you working with?

Hmm well I was thinking just DHHS.  We've looked at one other agency but I'm having a hard time finding agencies.  Is there one you recommend or a way you recommend to find an agency? We'll be in upstate NY

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am actually not familiar with upstate NY agencies...but I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • Instead of doing fostering through the county is there a possibility to foster through agency? We too struggled with going through a county (while not in new york it was still through the county) but had great luck through an agency. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"