North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Skin problems after getting off birth control?

Okay, I have noticed that in the past month, I look like I am 13 years old again. I have these huge craters on my face and don't really know what to do about it. I'm assuming it has something to do with now being off birth control, but did anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to get me out of this awkward teenage phase again? Embarrassed
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Skin problems after getting off birth control?

• Options

Yep... and it got worse when I was pregnant (sorry Sad). I have pretty bad cystic acne, and the only thing that controls it is BCP's. I didn't ever go to a derm or anything though. I do know that there are some prescription creams that are safe, even during pregnancy though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I was only off of them for a few months before I got pg, so perhaps my skin didn't have much time to adjust. But I'm pretty sure that in order to keep my skin clear, I have to be on them ('ve been on them for a good 10 yrs). Ugh. Gotta love looking like a 12 year old in your 30's though, huh?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Yes, and similarly, my backne got much worse when I got preg.  I went the Proactiv route and had great results.  Because it is benzoyle peroxide based, my obgyn was fine with it.  She told me to stay away from products with Salicylic acid.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJuberP:
    Yes, and similarly, my backne got much worse when I got preg.  I went the Proactiv route and had great results.  Because it is benzoyle peroxide based, my obgyn was fine with it.  She told me to stay away from products with Salicylic acid.

This is sooo true!  I got the worst acne on my back.  It was strange until I realized it had to be the BC.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My skin broke out really bad when I came off bcp too, but oddly it got BETTER with pg.  Hmm  So who knows.  But I have the same problem with cystic acne and bcp control it best, but apparently pg works pretty good too.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would go to your dermatologist and have him/her prescribe something for you. My doc prescribed Finacea, which is OK to using during pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"