Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Have you asked DC what they want for Xmas?

I know it's early... but my friends and I were talking about this yesterday. It seems that most of them have asked their DC what they want from Santa! I didn't think DD would be able to really tell me or get it just yet...but for fun, just to see what she would say, I asked her last night at bedtime.

Her list: a wagon, a pool, a fire hose, and tambourines!

LOL made me laugh :) Not sure where I can find a fire hose...or what she's going to do with a pool in the snow.. Wink

I love how their brains work at this age :)

CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: Have you asked DC what they want for Xmas?

• Options

DD wants everything.  We'll look at the ads on Sunday together and she asks for any toy that she sees.  Lately she's shown a lot of interest in barbies and things of that nature.

For Christmas she's getting a Barbie house, a few dolls, and a car.  And, yes, I've already bought it all ;)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not really but if they see something on TV or in a store and say they want that - I tell them to add it to their Christmas list.  So far that's working.  I've already bought a couple of things from their "list."

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never asked. I don't want to give her the expectation that if she asks for something, she'll get it. And at this age, I don't think she has a good idea of what she wants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageluvmagoldn:
    Not really but if they see something on TV or in a store and say they want that - I tell them to add it to their Christmas list.  So far that's working.  I've already bought a couple of things from their "list."

This.

So far she wants a big Woody doll and some insect band-aids.  :-)

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Options
    Yep - his favorite book is The Polar Express and we read it year round, so he talks about Santa a lot. He says he wants a monorail for Christmas (went to WDW last year and he is obsessed). I actually found a neat monorail set online, so I think he will be getting that as his Santa gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebrightning:
    I've never asked. I don't want to give her the expectation that if she asks for something, she'll get it. And at this age, I don't think she has a good idea of what she wants.

I thought this too last Christmas.  The boys saw a Cars race track set at Costco in October and said they wanted it.  I told them to ask Santa and was SURE they would forget all about it.   When they were still talking about it the first week of December I ran out to Costco to buy it.  Thank goodness they still had it!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    I haven't but I just asked and she a choo choo train and more paint.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is always telling me she wants stuff (especially if she sees a commercial on TV or if we are shopping and she sees a toy).  I tell her she should ask Santa for it.  Sooooo much stuff.. Beauty & the Beast Belle doll, M&D metal shopping cart, Tinkerbell dolls, etc.
  • Options

imagebrightning:

That's a good point. I don't think she has a good idea of what she wants either... I just wanted to ask her to see what she came up with, how her mind is working right now :)

Just like tonight I asked her if I should dye my hair blonde (yellow) or go back to brown (I have a hair appt. tomorrow) and she told me PURPLE! LOL :) I'm just asking her to get her thinking... but you're right about the expectations thing. I hadn't thought of that.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

LOL, DD told me she wants "a hippo. A big, smooth, rubbery one. Purple."

This was not in reference to Christmas directly, but I was probing about, asking what she would like the Paci Fairy to leave her when she comes to take the pacis away!

She keeps talking about the hippo too! Now I'll have to try to find a big rubber purple hippo!

• Options
    Growing up we always had HUGE Christmases. I have two brothers and each of us got 1000 dollars worth of toys so we do the same for DS. He is 4 and he has a massive list. He also gets to pick one big item that costs a lot of money for Christmas. One year it was a power wheels. Last year it was the GI Joe Base. I can't wait for Christmas!!!
  • Options
    DS never asks for anything unless we are at the store.  But we aren't in the habit of buying anything, so he doesn't expect to take it home.  He sees it and looks/plays with it for a bit and we move on.  I am not sure what to get him for Christmas.  DH wants to get golf clubs.  He needs a new bed, etc, so he probably won't get a bunch of toys.  He barely plays with what he has. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD told me the other day that she wants "every toy ever."  She won't be getting them.  Stick out tongue
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"