Washington Babies
Options

Pacific NW Fertility vs SRM ?

We've been ttc for about a year now and my gyn has recommended that we move to a fertility clinic. She recommended either Pacific NW Fertility or Seattle Reproductive Medicine to start our infertility testing. Does anyone have any experiences with either office? Are there other offices in Seattle or nearby that are better? 

Thanks in advance :) 

Re: Pacific NW Fertility vs SRM ?

• Options

We've chosen SRM and have been pretty happy with them. I chose them because I liked their statistics best. They seemed safe and had good success rates. Also, we're closer to Tacoma and they have a clinic in Tacoma, which works for us. I've only met with them a couple of times but I've been very happy with how they explain everything to us.

Check out this website to look at stats to help you make your decision:
     https://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/art/FertilityClinicReport.aspx

Also, just to let you know, the Seattle board has an infertility check-in once a month (usually around the 1st of the month). We're all at different stages in the process, but we answer each other's questions and provide a little emotional support. Feel free to jump in at the next one if you're interested!

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• Options

We went through SRM and had a great experience.  They were very good at explaining each step of the process, answering questions and going at the pace that we felt comfortable to proceed at.

Even though it's a large clinic I never felt like a #, they always knew my name when I arrived (even if it may have been because they looked at my chart before the appt :)) and they were very friendly and personable.

We mostly used the Tacoma office and Dr. Dudley because we live in Puyallup, but we did the IVF as well as some other blood draws in Seattle and had great experiences there as well. 

I am not familiar with PNW Fertility, so I can't really compare the two, but I would highly recommend SRM :) Feel free to page me if you have any questions about SRM/IF/IVF etc .. GL in your journey, it's hard, but all worth it once your bundle of joy is in your arms Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through PNWF for oru testing (both me and DH), 1 IUI and 1 successful IVF cycle...and highly recommend them.  It is a very nice, small office and very high tech.  I always felt like family coming in for all our appointments.  I think they are a little more expensive, but I felt very confident in their experience.  I also know 3 other couples personally who had success from this clinic.
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • Options

imageKglan:
    We went through PNWF for oru testing (both me and DH), 1 IUI and 1 successful IVF cycle...and highly recommend them.  It is a very nice, small office and very high tech.  I always felt like family coming in for all our appointments.  I think they are a little more expensive, but I felt very confident in their experience.  I also know 3 other couples personally who had success from this clinic.

We are using PNWF and I love them.  I choose them because of how easy it was to deal with them, and the didn't try to diagnose me over the phone when I called for my first appointment: They actualy took time to get to know me and are working at my pace and don't just take the "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" approach. 

Good Luck to you!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    I had a great experience with Dr. Soules at SRM.  The primary reason I chose them is that they are within walking distance from my work.  And while that may seem like a silly reason, it was super convenient when I was in the middle of a treatment cycle and had lunchtime appointments 4 times in one week.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"