Military Families

WOCS graduation gift

My husband is graduating from WOCS in the beginning of October. I am wracking my brain trying to come up with something to get him. So far I my only idea is printing and framing this really cool picture of a black hawk flying into the sunset in iraq. (He is going to flight school next month to fly black hawks) Any suggestions ladies?

(FYI budgets a bit tight so I don't want to spend more than $75)

imageimage

Re: WOCS graduation gift

• When my husband commissioned, I got him flask engraved with his initials from Scotland (he's a scotch collector). After engraving and international shipping, it was around $60.
  • Honestly, I would save your idea for flight school graduation. For my DH at least, WOCS graduation was not a big deal at all, I bought him his flashcards for the TH-67 so he could start studying as his gift, lol.

What about a Blackhawk die cast model? If you are at Rucker, over by clothing sales are a bunch of small shops that sell different gifts such as the models, hats, shirts, etc.

Also check out https://wings-aviation.com/  again if you are here, they are just outside the gate in Daleville.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelisa&andy:

Honestly, I would save your idea for flight school graduation. For my DH at least, WOCS graduation was not a big deal at all, I bought him his flashcards for the TH-67 so he could start studying as his gift, lol.

What about a Blackhawk die cast model? If you are at Rucker, over by clothing sales are a bunch of small shops that sell different gifts such as the models, hats, shirts, etc.

Also check out https://wings-aviation.com/  again if you are here, they are just outside the gate in Daleville.

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately we aren't at Rucker yet. We are leaving in about a month. I want to get him something because he has been in our state WOCS program (he's national guard) so its been a long 10 months of "one weekend a month school (read it's been a 20+ hour a week job for the entire time on top of all his other responsibilities)" and I wanted to do something to acknowledge that he made it through it.

imageimage
  • We just moved from Rucker... good luck... it is SO awful there! Try living in Dothan!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"