Military Families

I missed the call :(

Today was the first time I missed a phone call from DH.

I know, I know.. it won't be the last. But I have only talked to him on the phone once since he deployed, and put my phone on vibrate for the first time tonight- it was my stepson's school's parent night and the teacher was making a presentation. I didn't think DH would be calling THAT early, but he did. Twice. And I didn't feel it either time.

His ex-wife left the room, I wasn't sure why. I guess she actually felt her phone vibrate, because he was calling to talk to the kids (they weren't there though), so when she came back and told me, I checked my phone and had two voicemails. I instantly emailed him to call me back, but no luck.  

I am just super bummed- I know I will be talking to him soon (hopefully) because I am being induced Friday night and at some point this weekend I'm sure he will be able to call, especially if I put it through the red cross.

But it just kills me that I missed it! And that he wasn't able to talk to the kids either :(   What a crappy start to his day....  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I missed the call :(

• aww sorry that happened. When my DH was away for basic and AIT I swear I was cursed! I always managed to miss his calls for one reason or another. It is definitely a let down but I'm sure your DH will call again soon. : )
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry.  I know that sucks.  I missed one from my H a few weeks ago.  He only gets to call once every couple of weeks.  I put my phone on vibrate when I was in church.  I forgot to change it back.  I put my phone in my purse when I was getting my kids out of their car seats.  I put my purse on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen to fix lunch.  That's when he tried to call.  I hate that feeling.  It makes me feel ill. 

I'm sure he'll try to call you back soon.  Hang in there.

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry, that sucks!  If his ex-wife felt her phone vibrate why didn't she come get you and let you talk on her phone?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think she even thought about it until she saw the look on my face when I pulled my phone out...

I don't think she intentionally kept it from me, but I could see her easily just not thinking of it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"