Pre-School and Daycare

Timers for kids -recs?

What do you use? I've seen in a few posts that there are kid-friendly timers that change colors and such for nap/quiet time and time outs.  I checked Amazon and found a couple, but the reviews are hit and miss. Thanks!
SurveyBio updated 04/2011

Re: Timers for kids -recs?

• We have a Tot clock and love it.  It does the color change thing at whatever time you set but you can also over ride it. It does time outs and positive reward time.  It also tells stories/music and you can get different cartridges. Plus it works as an alarm for Preschool mornings.

mytotclock.com    though we bought ours on amazon.

• I ahve this one for both of my kids https://www.amazon.com/American-Innovative-Teach-Talking-Nightlight/dp/B003D7KV0Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285264631&sr=8-3

American Innovative Teach Me Time Talking Alarm Clock and Nightlight

I love this product and it totally has worked wonders for my kids.  My older DD is 4 years old (we have had these for maybe a year now).  She wakes up early and used to call for us regardless of the time.  She now knows that she can't leave her room (other than to go potty) until her clock is green.  This totally works!!  My now 2 1/2 year old has been able to use the clock well for around 6 months now, maybe a little longer.  Also works great for her.

The clock is yelllow most of the time and turns green when they can wake up.  I have it stay green for 2 hours as my younger DD often sleeps later on the weekends than the early time we have decided on.  It is very easy to change the times on and it will help them learn to tell time later on.  It has both a digital clock and on with hands (you can set how the display looks) and has a button to push and it tells you the time (my older DD pushes this every morning when her clock turns green.  It is great overall!!!

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • THis just went on my christmas list for DS.  I like them both and will have to think about which one.  Thanks for the great ideas!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"