Multiples
Options

talk to me about BH

I'm pretty sure I had my first experience with BH earlier today. Felt like an extreme tightening of my stomach (made it kind of hard to breathe) and lasted less than a minute. I had them about every 15-20 minutes for the better part of an hour and then it just went away.

Is this what BH feels like?

Did you call your OB every time you experienced them?

How early did you notice BH?

I was just at the OB on Monday and everything looked great and my cervix was still thick and measuring 3cm, so I'm not really worried. Just trying to understand what's going on and how I should be reacting. TIA! 

Re: talk to me about BH

• Options

My first experience with BH started at about 23/24 weeks. They are pretty much exactly what you describe- a tightening over the entire abdomen that last less than a minute.

The first time I had them, I monitored it to make sure it was less than 6 per hour and since it was, I called my OB the next morning. She had me come in and everything checked out just fine.

I was told that even if they are not painful, make sure you're not having more than 4-6 per hour. If you are, lay on your left side and hydrate- if nothing changes call the doc. If they subside then it's usually fine.

I have them pretty much every day now, but they're pretty random. If you have any doubts though, I'd call just to ease your mind!! GL

MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Options

Yes, I think that's BH contractions.

I noticed mine start around 29 weeks but I probably had them before that and just didn't notice.

No I did not call my OB everytime I got them, but I see her once a week so I never had to wait more than a few days to tell her about it.  I think they generally say that if the BH go away when you lie on your left side and drink water or change positions then you don't need to worry about them.  However, it never hurts to call your doctor.  If I were you I would probably call during office hours tomorrow to ease your mind.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was going to post this exact question.  I think I started having BH last week while I was walking the dog...and they've continued sporadically since then (not every day, thankfully).

How are you feeling otherwise?  Any issues?  Are you planning on leaving work at a certain point, or just playing it by ear?

• Options
    image4510heather:

I was going to post this exact question.  I think I started having BH last week while I was walking the dog...and they've continued sporadically since then (not every day, thankfully).

How are you feeling otherwise?  Any issues?  Are you planning on leaving work at a certain point, or just playing it by ear?

hey lady, my last day of work is October 15, I'll be 25/26 weeks when I stop working. I chose my exit date (not a doctor order), I knew I wasn't returning after the twins were born and so I just picked a date that sounded good to me. We get paid a month behind, so I'll still get a check through November 30 between my accrued pay and my vacation hours so it was an easy choice.

I feel great otherwise. I had some issues with back pain and not being able to sleep last night, but that seems to be the exception right now. Most days I feel great and sleep well at night. (Thank goodness!) How are you doing? 

• Options

Yep, your description sounds about right. I went in frequently for BH starting at 18 weeks, which is when I first got them. This was because they kept breaking the thresholds. I'd get more per hour than they liked, or they'd be longer than they liked, etc. I probably went in for monitoring half a dozen times. And I don't regret that at all--if there had been something wrong, I would have wanted to know.

I delivered at 38w3d, and had BH, or "irritable uterus," up to the very end.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yup, that's it!  I was about 22 weeks when I realized what I was feeling.  They get more frequent and stronger the futher along I go.  I was told to call if they were more than 4 in an hour.  So I did, since they were.  Then I was told, if they were PAINFUL and more than 4 in an hour, to call.  And if they last longer than 45 seconds each.  They started getting painful last night so I told the nurse, and now I am not supposed to worry/call unless they are painful and less than 5 mins apart, or accompanied by bleeding!

So confusing and exhausting!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"