Multiples
Options

Baby Jogger City Mini

Hi Everyone,

I am 24 weeks along and expecting a baby boy and girl in January (My first pregnancy).  I had my shower on Sunday and received the baby jogger city mini from my sisters! 

Does anyone have this stroller?  Should I invest in the car seat adapter? (I also own a double snap and go)

Also- I received two boppy pillows...do you think I'll use them?  Or should I exchange them for the Double Nursing Pillow?

Thanks for your help!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby Jogger City Mini

• Options

Congrats and welcome!
    If you already have a DSNG, you really don't need the car seat adapters for the City Mini. We used the DSNG from months 0 to 6 and then the City Mini starting at 4m (so yes, there was some overlap). Both great strollers!

We used our two Boppys a lot as a great place for the babies to hang out or for bottle feeding two at once. If you want to BF, I would get a twin nursing pillow as well but keep the Boppys. For us at least, they really came in handy. They were also great as a place to put our refluxy babies for the 20 minutes they needed to stay upright after a feeding.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

I am in a similar position, though I think that I am going to register for a Baby Jogger City Select.  I have heard that the City Mini with 2 car seats does not fit through most doors.  The City Select takes 2 car seats and is tandum so it will fit through the doorways.  That being said, I have no personal experience and am right there with you looking for the best stroller for my infant twins

U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The double city mini does (or any SBS stroller in that case) allow for 2 carseats to attach... can only be done on tandum strollers.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the help!!!

Did you use snuzzlers in the city mini at 4 months?  I received two of them as well.  :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We used our DSNG until 6-7 months and then started using the City Mini. Both are awesome and necessary in my opinion. :)

We used 2 boppies A LOT - it was a necessity at the beginning for double feedings and a place for the babies to lounge. We took them anywhere we went.

I didn't use nuzzlers much.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Love the City Mini. If you have the DSNG I wouldn't bother with the car seat adapters. Our guys went in the City Mini right away since it almost fully reclines.

Two boppies = very useful.

• Options

Wouldn't get the carseat adapters, DSNG is way easier in the beginning when you're getting used to attempting to get out of the house & do stuff w/ them, plus a lot lighter. 

Definitely keep the boppies. I had the twin nursing pillow also but only nursed/pumped for 2 weeks and used the boppies til they were maybe like 6 months old or so. I actulaly held onto them b/c I thinkt hey make for good floor pillows to lie your head on if watching the kids or tv too :). My kids hung out in the boppies on the couch w/ me for hours when they were young, I used them for feeding, tummy time, awake time, etc. keep them for sure! 

• Options
    imagemacchiatto:

Congrats and welcome!
    If you already have a DSNG, you really don't need the car seat adapters for the City Mini. We used the DSNG from months 0 to 6 and then the City Mini starting at 4m (so yes, there was some overlap). Both great strollers!

We used our two Boppys a lot as a great place for the babies to hang out or for bottle feeding two at once. If you want to BF, I would get a twin nursing pillow as well but keep the Boppys. For us at least, they really came in handy. They were also great as a place to put our refluxy babies for the 20 minutes they needed to stay upright after a feeding.

Ditto everything macchiatto said above!

And your question about the snuzzles (?) I am not exactly sure what they are but my boys were born in April so by the time we used this stroller the boys were big enough to fit and it was the middle of the summer so we didn't use any attachments, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"