North Carolina Babies
Options

Preschool for 3 yr olds

If your 3 yr old (or older) is in preschool, do they go full days, M-F or something else?  I see programs out that offer 8:30-2:30 (full day) everyday and then some that are only mornings, etc.  I'm not sure what the norm is for a 3 yr old which is when Natalie will start preschool.

TIA

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Preschool for 3 yr olds

• Options
    Our Preschool is 9 to 12 and some days they have where they can stay for lunch (that you bring) until 1.  At our preschool, there is 3 year old T/TH class or M, W, F or you could do all 5 days. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options

It's 9-12, or if you pay an extra $6 (and provide lunch) they can stay until 1 on a day-to-day basis.  This is the schedule of all of the standard preschools in the Winston area that I know of. 

The only preschools I know of in this area that go through the afternoon are actually daycares that let you stay *all* day, and there are also public schools that have preschool programs that *may* be in school standard public school hours. 

At DD's school, 3-5 year olds can choose 3-4-5 mornings/week.  Most kids go Tu/W/Th, and about half go M/F as well.

Most preschools around here have a Tu/Th or M/W/F option.  Our school just has a different schedule. ;)  Two year olds can go 2 days though, usually Mo-Tu, and 3 year olds probably could go 2 days if you asked, it's just not official. 

OK, I've edited a lot -- sorry!!! :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are doing St. Johns preschool right now (1 morning "playgroup") but next year when J is 2 1/2 she will start, and they have classes similar to what Wendy said. They have a "lunch bunch" that stay a little later. The 3's class can do  3 or 4 days a week. It is 9:15-12:15 and then the "lunch bunch" stays until 1:15 I believe. I really LOVE what I have seen so far!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageWendyNC:
    Our Preschool is 9 to 12 and some days they have where they can stay for lunch (that you bring) until 1.  At our preschool, there is 3 year old T/TH class or M, W, F or you could do all 5 days. 

This is the norm around here. 

• Options
    At Maddie's preschool, 2 or 3 days a week is offered to all ages, and 4 days a week is offered to the 4.5-5 year olds. I haven't decided if she will go 3 days next year or if we'll stay at 2 days. They go from 9:30-1:15 and eat lunch there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A full day program right off the bat might be too much for Natalie. 

Christian was in full-day daycare from the 18 mos until 3.5 yrs.   Even after that much time at a full day program, he was exhausted at the end of the day--esp once he started the preschool curriculum. 

Becasue my H is going to school full time, Christian is now in a 5 day a week 1/2 day program (9am-12pm).  He is much happier about going to school, and we have better days once he gets home.  He is not cranky as much in the evenings, and he goes to sleep better at night.

The class Christian is in has all kids who have been with SAHMs or nannies, and I can see that quite a few have had a hard time adjusting to being away for just a few hours.  I think you are best off starting her in a 1/2 day program, and then moving her to a full-day when she is 4--if you feel like she can handle it.

• Options
    Most of the preschools we looked at seemed to be 2 mornings a week for the 2 year olds, 3 mornings for 3s, and 4 for 4s.  Several of them offer 2 and 3 day options for the 2 year olds and 3 year olds.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"