Multiples
Options

Am I the only one? DSNG

Seriously, am I the only one that hates this stroller?? I've given it several chances but I seriously hate it, it does not maneuver well at all and I feel like I'm pushing a bus. The one and only nice thing about it is being able to leave the babies in their car seats, if it wasn't for that, I'd burn it. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Am I the only one? DSNG

• Options

Good thing I bought mine for $30 off CL.  We've never used it!

We barely use our carseats - we usually just toss the boys in the Bumbleride (I bought two carrycots) and walk to whereever we need to go (luckily we live in a pretty walkable suburban town).

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Did you buy it new?  I did love mine and thought it was super easy to push around.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope - I hate how long it is, so we only use it when we're making a short trip inside somewhere, like to the doctor's office or to run errands.  I love my side-by-side strollers (Maclaren Twin Triumph and Baby Jogger City Mini - I think that's what it's called), and that's what we use for long walks or the mall.

I can't tell you how many times I've run into something trying to push that damn thing around...

• Options
    maybe you got a bad one? i *loved* mine, it was super easy to maneuver.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Hated it! I bought mine off CL also and so glad I only spent 20 bucks on it. Honestly, I saw no reason for it, we bought a Duo Glider that the seats fit into great and we were able to use it once they outgrew the infant seats. We use the Duo Glider while out shopping and the side by side jogger while outside or at places that it can fit.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really disliked the Baby Trend DSNG for the same reasons you mentioned.  I LOVE my Kolcraft Contour Options stroller though, steers SO much better, it glides more than rolls.
  • Options
    We really liked it for the first four months or so. Once the babies started getting heavier, we used our City Mini more and more.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    We ended up returning ours. The girls HATED the car seats, so we kind of just the put the stroller in storage until they were used to them. Turns out, now at 4 months - they are just starting to like their car seats - but there is really no point in using the DSNG since they will grow out of it soon. Luckily, we never opened it and returned for store credit. We ended up using most of the credit to buy them really nice baby books. :-)
  • Options

i used the Kolcraft Contours as a DSNG - it drives really nice... sure it's long- but so is the regular DSNG (same length).

that is another reason i think the City Select is so awesome - can be used as a DSNG but you don't have the crappy drive of one- nor the length.

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only one that hates it. I did buy it used off of craigslist and it is easy to push, as long as there are no car seats in it. I think I have hubby talked into buy the City Select and as soon as I get it I will be getting rid of the DSNG. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I like ours a lot. Sometimes it is difficult to maneuver in stores but I imagine any limo-like (LONG) tandem is the same. We have a Duoglider for when they're bigger but honestly, it seems like more of a PITA than the DSNG as far as portability is concerned. Oh well! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I loved mine and really miss it now.
  • Options
    I hate ours. It's kind of embarrassing to push it around, too. It's just so....long.
  • Options
    I love mine.  I don't find it hard to maneuver at all and I use it all the time (don't have a car so we walk everywhere). 
  • Options

HATE this stroller! I love my new duoglide tho, and it fits both carseats. So we're looking to get rid of the DSNG yippee!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"