Hawaii Babies

AW: booked maternity and newborn photog!

the maternity session won't be until i'm 34 weeks, which is a bit later than i wanted, but that's what i get for waiting until now to decide that i'm going to do it.  finally found a photog who is newer and thus really affordable - i was a bit nervous about committing, since she wasn't getting back to my emails very quickly (or at all Stick out tongue) but she just shot her first wedding yesterday, so i guess i understand.  at any rate, it's $150 for both sessions and the cd of 20-30 images from each session.  so i figure it's worth a shot Smile

here's her blog - https://www.quietstarsphotography.blogspot.com

yay!  now to figure out what we're going to wear...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: booked maternity and newborn photog!

• YAY!! for booking your photog and for such a great deal...i really like her newborn photos!! 
  • Super cute!  Your photog looks like she does a great job!! :)
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Loading the player...
  • that's a great pkg you got w/her! :) those newborn shots are precious...can't wait to see yours! :)
  • Wow, her pics are beautiful! She looks really talented and you got a fantastic deal!! Can't wait to see them later!! How did you find her? =)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Awesome deal!  I think you'll be happy with your bump pics at 34 weeks...I did mine at 28 weeks and retrospect, I wish I would have waited until further along.  Her work looks good!
  • imageinamra:
    Wow, her pics are beautiful! She looks really talented and you got a fantastic deal!! Can't wait to see them later!! How did you find her? =)

i lurk occasionally on my local board, and saw 2 of her photos in a bumpie's siggy.  they were toddler photos, but i quite liked them so I checked out her website! 

i didn't really care to pay a ton to do a mat session, but since it was only a little bit more to do the package, i figured why not - and if i get 1 or 2 good mat shots I like, i'll be happy.

but i'm really hoping the newborn photos come out well!  I really wanted someone who knew how to pose babies with all the cute props, hah.  the other photogs the local bumpies seem to like a lot don't use as many props (and are much more expensive, and don't all give you the cd of images!)

btw, I think i'm going to wear a jewel-toned purple shirt, with jeans.  any advice on what color MH should wear?  

• that's a great pkg you got w/her! :) those newborn shots are precious...can't wait to see yours! :)
  • That's an awesome deal!  I'm so pissed I missed a local zulilly deal for a mat session for $50.  Regardless, let me know how you like her.  I've been casually hunting around for a photog.  I'll say you referred me :).
  • imageannasan_k:
    That's an awesome deal!  I'm so pissed I missed a local zulilly deal for a mat session for $50.  Regardless, let me know how you like her.  I've been casually hunting around for a photog.  I'll say you referred me :).

she quoted me $75 over the phone for just the mat session (though the website prices are higher <shrug>).  i'll let you know how it goes!  only downside so far is that she's in kitsap and goes to bothell twice a month - so i'm meeting her up there (instead of somewhere closer to home), and finding a time for the mat session that worked for both of us was a little bit harder.  on the positive side, she does a lot of shoots in bothell and is very familiar with the area where we'll be.

• That's a great deal!! I am sure your photos will be fab ;-). 

imageSanHawaii08:

btw, I think i'm going to wear a jewel-toned purple shirt, with jeans.  any advice on what color MH should wear?  

just a tip...it helps if your top doesn't look too busy so that it doesn't take away the focus on your belly. anything fitted is always good :-). I also wore a purple dress but didn't really think of having DH wear something that would coordinate lol. He wore a lime green shirt (FB profile pic).

• yay- what a great deal and the blog photos are so great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"