Boston Babies
Options

Winchester hospital for delivery?

I just found out that I am pregnant and am looking for an OBGYN.  My primary physician recommended someone who is associated with Winchester Hospital.

Anyone deliver here? Were you happy?

~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image"">imageimage

Re: Winchester hospital for delivery?

• Options

Winchester hospital is outstanding.  I will be delivering there and almost everyone in my family has gone there as well.  Some skipping their own hospitals in Boston because of the reputation Winchester has for its Labor and Delivery.  I would suggest Dr. Franklin Wadell in Stoneham, MA for an OBGYN.  Or Burlington OB GYN in Burlington MA dr. Rotolo or Freidman.  I use Dr. Freidman but I found out that just because he is my dr, if I go into labor late at night, it will be the dr on call and not my dr delivering our baby.  If I had known that sooner I would have changed to Waddell.  He is always there for his patients.  Good Luck and Congrats.

• Options

Thanks so much for the information.  My physician recommended Dr Michelle Rotter in N. Andover.

Glad to hear that you like Winchester so much!!!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I too loved Winchester.  Had two kids there.  Absolutely no complaints.  The nurses are very caring and do a fantastic job of helping you understand how to take care of your little one.  Definitely talk to the lactation consultant there if you're interested in breast feeding.  She'll do a one-on-one with you. 

As for docs, I think it's common practice for another doctor who's on call to deliver your baby if you go into labor in the off hours.  Otherwise, they'd never get a break!

Good luck with everything! 

• Options
    I am so happy to hear this! I will be delivering at Winchester and have never been there before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear everyone loves Winchester Hospital :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am a RN at Winchester Hospital and plan to deliver at Winchester as well. Many nurses as well as their family members deliver there often. Although I don't work within the OB or the nursery department, they have a wonderful staff and give excellent care Big Smile!!
  • Options
    imagecvl105:

Thanks so much for the information.  My physician recommended Dr Michelle Rotter in N. Andover.

SHE IS A FANTASTIC DOCTOR!!! She delivered my first in June and she will be delivering my second in May....I highly recommend her!!!

• Options
    imageDanielle and Eirc:
    imagecvl105:

SHE IS A FANTASTIC DOCTOR!!! She delivered my first in June and she will be delivering my second in May....I highly recommend her!!!

I ended up going with her!

Great to hear! I REALLY like her already!  I feel like she really takes her time and I don't feel rushed when I see her.  Everyone in the office is super friendly too, from the receptionist, to the lady in the blood lab, to the u/s tech! I'm so happy I went with her.

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"