South Florida Babies
Options

can't stop nesting...!?

which makes dh excited that the baby is coming soon.  but idk what to do.  i cant relax.  i'm exhausted after work and say i'm going to relax, but this restlessness comes over me and i canlt stop doing things around the house.  also, packing for the hospital is making me very anxious.  help... how do i relax.  sorry for the typos, ilm posting from my phone..

Re: can't stop nesting...!?

• Options
    it's completely normal to nest and it is hard to stop! lol Just take a deep breath and do things little by little. Although you are almost there, you more than likely have plenty of time to do everything you have to do. And the hospital bag...some ladies gave you great trips; just use it as a checklist, put things in your bag and voila! you will have time later to put in last minute things...even if you go into labor, you will likely have plenty of time to check the bag! just keep your list at hand so you make sure you dont forget anything! The last few weeks of pregnancy tend to feel like an eternity so Keeping yourself busy is a good thing but try not to overdo it! good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

Thank you!  I was considering taking a few days off before my due date just to get some rest.

It's not that I'm anxious about everything being ready and the tips for the hospital bag were great!  I think it's just that packing the hospital bag and installing the car seat in the car are like signs that "this is it!"  I've been so busy and distracted at work that I haven't had time to think about labor, delivery, or caring for a newborn.  So, when I do stop to relax, I start thinking about these things and get anxious.  We've had sooooo many changes in our lives this year - new house, new job, now a baby - that it's just scary how everything is passing by so quickly.  The moments I do get to relax and just enjoy the moment are when DH and I have our little date nights.  So, I'm going to try to spend these last few weeks focusing on that and maybe getting in a few trips to the dog park with the doggies.  But, when I'm just home is when I start to get anxious and I get the overwhelming sensation to nest.  I guess this is what happened to my mother and it never went away (remember the painting with her arm in cast, lol).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like mother, like daughter so they say! ;) I completely understand the "this is it" feeling. It's not easy when you have several changes going on at once and having a baby is a big change on its own. A great change at that, but still, it is the unknown and knowing that you will be in charge of raising this little being. To be honest, labor and delivery goes by so quickly that even though it is good to know what to expect and be prepared, I wouldn't go crazy thinking about it too much.  It can be anxiety provoking to think of all this, in particular the caring of a newborn, but at the same time it is important to give this some thought. It may be a good idea to chat with your hubby about the changes that a newborn will bring into your lives. Kind of have an idea on your expectations as parents; who will be in charge of what, etc. It's always better to foresee what it will be like, rather than be surprised later. Taking a few days before baby is not a bad idea if you feel overwhelmed! Don't worry, although there is learning involved when it comes to all this, your mommy instinct will kick in and you won't remember about all this anxiety leading up to the event.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I know what you mean!  I'm sorta in the same boat, except I can't nest b/c I NEED to rest.  My feet and hands are so swollen, that I need to rest to take care of myself. 

Everytime I get up to do something small, I end up trying to do something bigger, and then my feet start throbbing.  : (  And I just feel so bad that DH is left to do it all, and can be oblivious to certain things, or may leave some things undone which my OCD is annoyed at.  LOL

We just need to relax and enjoy these last few wks before our babies arrive!  Then our focus will def be elsewhere.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hear you! I have a to-do list a mile long, but we knocked out several things over the weekend and it is getting shorter. Overall, I'm feeling more ready, but then I think of one little thing and the anxiety kicks in. DH and I are also making it a point to discuss what it's going to be like having a baby in the house in very specific terms, and trying to identify areas where we might have conflicting views so we can hopefully head off as many major arguments as possible.

It's kicking in at work, too. I spent a good chunk of my morning pulling together information for the girl who's going to take over my projects and it's overwhelming.

Hang in there! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"