Boston Babies

Britax boulevard car seat...

Hello,

I just received a new car seat for a shower present.  It looks to be a convertible.  Is it safe for infants?  I have some people telling me I should have more then one car seat, I was hoping to have a convertible that will grow with our baby.  Anyone have any comments on the car seat, is it something I should keep or exchange.  thank you. 

Re: Britax boulevard car seat...

• Personally, I don't know if the Britax would recline enough to make it comfortable for a newborn -- but I've never seen it in action with the infant insert.  (Did you receive an infant insert?)  According to the Britax website, though, it is suitable for newborns as small as 5 lb. and 18 in.

https://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/fit-my-child

Try it out in your car with a floppy baby doll and see what you think.  Or, head to Magic Beans and try theirs with their "fake baby".  (They'll let you take the seats out of the store to your car if you leave your license.)  If you can make this work, you'll save yourself some $$.

That said, I chose a different Britax when we moved to a convertible seat because the Boulevard model at the time didn't have a multi-position crotch strap, something that was going to be necessary with my LO's pudgy legs and bulky cloth diapers.  I don't know if the new model has it (or if you've even received the new model, which is the Boulevard 70), but it's something worth thinking about. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"