Multiples
Options

Shower/bath question

I'm getting my main bathroom renovated (now or never!) and if I didn't have kids on the way, would get a nice giant rainhead shower head - but am instead contemplating one that can be removed.

MoMs - is a removable shower head (ie. one you can use hand-held) useful once the babies get big enough to be in the regular tub?

B/G twins!

Re: Shower/bath question

• Options
    we actually discovered at 2 months that our babies loved the removable shower head.  We use the baby bath in the big tub and fill it.  I think the like the spray b/c it keeps them warm since their whole body is not submerged.  It helps with washing their heads too
    Photobucket
  • Options

we have a removable shower head but never use it... we just use a big cup to dump water over their heads, etc.  At the end of the bath DH turns the faucet on and uses fresh water to do a final rinse with the cup.

just make sure you don't have sliding shower doors- those are HORRIBLE for bathing children (can only access 1/2 the bath)... i know moms who have had to remove them after having kids.

enjoy your new bathroom- jealous! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have one in the kids' bathroom and use it all the time for our toddler. babies are still easier to bathe in the sink.
  • Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

we have a removable shower head but never use it... we just use a big cup to dump water over their heads, etc.  At the end of the bath DH turns the faucet on and uses fresh water to do a final rinse with the cup.

just make sure you don't have sliding shower doors- those are HORRIBLE for bathing children (can only access 1/2 the bath)... i know moms who have had to remove them after having kids.

enjoy your new bathroom- jealous! :)

Oh, don't worry - I have awful 80s-style shower doors now and they are DEFINITELY going - they are neither functional nor fashionable and a complete PITA to clean!

Thanks for the advice :)

B/G twins!
  • Options
    We have a removable showerhead and use it all the time. The girls usually take a bath together and then use teh showerhead for washing off stuff (soap/dirt) off of them before we get them out of the bath and to wash their hair.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The removable shower head is a must for us! I can control it better so that I don't have to dump a bucket of water of their little heads...its easier to keep the water away from their faces.
  • Options
    We have a removable shower head and it IS nice to use.  You could do a removable shower head AND a stationary one, that's what we have in our shower! ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"